High School Tumbling On A Gym Floor...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 1, 2012
Alright soo not only do I do allstar cheer but im also one of three sophomores on Varsity at my highschool. Im the only person on both JV and Varsity that can tumble and for our first rally of the school year I have to tumble right infront of the seniors.. It's just a simple robhs but for some reason the gym floor is freaking me out worse than anything. What can I do, any advice?:eek:

Don't freak yourself out. You got it! Just know that the hard floor is going to jam your wrists a bit, but if you do your same handspring you will be fine:) just tumble on your toes and it won't hurt your heels when you land.

Don't freak yourself out. You got it! Just know that the hard floor is going to jam your wrists a bit, but if you do your same handspring you will be fine:) just tumble on your toes and it won't hurt your heels when you land.

Thank you!! That helps alot, my moms the coach so it just puts even more pressure on the plate.. Thanks though, I'll definitely be taping my wrists!!

Im also one of the three sophomores on varsity for my high school team! Dont stress the tumbling, you got this :)

You'll be fine! Warm up a few during practice on the gym floor so it's easier and less stressful when you actually have to perform it :)

Don't think about it. I would always start thing about how the wood floor scared for standing tucks while the game was happening but once I had to go throw it at a timeout I just didn't think about and did it.

Thanks you guys! I knew if I posted this I would feel better about it.. Yeah, its just nerves mainly because the Senior I like sits right where I land and its for our Rivalry rally.. But thanks you guys it really helps!!:cheering:

dont over think it. i just through my first round off handspring on a concrete/gym floor this week and i was scared too. but you just take a deep breath and go for it. its not any different on a spring than a gym except it will hurt your hands more. Also dont worry about having the perfect technique the first couple of time you do it becuase you have never tumbled on that type of suface before

Ask for a spot on your first one. That calmed down my nerves when I had to throw a robhs and it made me feel more confident.

Back