Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 31, 2015
I have NO tumbling experience. The best I have is a bent knee cartwheel, and an (on the floor) front and back roll. Does anybody who lives in New Jersey know of any gyms that offer beginning tumbling classes for teens? Also are there ant tumbling skills I could work on at home?

Keep Calm and...STAY FIERCE:deathdrop:

New Jersey is full of cheer gyms! If you put what area of the state you live in I'm sure some NJ-ers could direct you to the closest place.

At home the best thing you can do right now is to keep practicing your cartwheel, really work on hand stands and strengthen your muscles, from legs to core to arms!

I have NO tumbling experience. The best I have is a bent knee cartwheel, and an (on the floor) front and back roll. Does anybody who lives in New Jersey know of any gyms that offer beginning tumbling classes for teens? Also are there ant tumbling skills I could work on at home?

World Cup offers beginner tumbling classes and any age can attend them. I'd check out their website! They also have all level classes and open gyms. Depending on where you live in jersey it could be far but there's tons of fantastic gyms such as jersey all stars, south jersey storm, star athletics, just cheer...the list goes on and on. DM me with any questions I'll gladly help you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Work on your handstands , a good handstand prepares you for a lot of moves. You can also work on bridges which will lead to walk overs. Also work on your core strength that is essential. Be safe doing it though and don't push any thing.

If you want to specifically stay with a cheer gym - I will highly recommend World Cup...WC have array of tumbling instructors for privates and leveled tumbling classes for almost everyday of the week... however, WC is closed on the weekends during the Summer...
If you want to go to a gymnastic gym, I recommend any one of the Surgent's Elite gyms- they have many excellent teachers and these teachers stress technique over quick progression..

PS: Tbh, these are the only gyms I have direct association and were pleased with the job they done with my daughter...

Back