OT Twinkle Vanwinkle

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Haha yes, but their parents took the "siouxsie" part a BIT too far :p Guarantee you that child had the highest scoring name in scrabble though. If names were allowed...

Bet. I take the Scrabble win. My first name has 18 letters AND a hyphen. I'm not even kidding. Signing legal paperwork in triplicate sucks.

...These parents DO realize that statistical evidence has shown that having over-the-top unique names has lasting effects on the child, usually due to teasing because their NAME IS RIDICULOUS? Seriously. Stop trying to use a name to cover up the fact that your child might never be anything more than ordinary. Calling her 'Star' doesn't mean she'll be one.
One of my favorite chapters in Freakonomics hahaha

My mom sales cars in Louisville and she had these two twin customers named Yellowjellow (yel-on-ja-low) and Orangejellow (or-ong-ja-low)
Lorddd

One of my dads friends is a firefighter and he was rescuing a lady and her daughter from a car. When he asked what the daughters name was she said La-a. He asked her how to spell it and thats what she told him.

....I'll believe it when I see it.

The variation of a name with a - to produce a name that sounds like ___dash___ is an urban legend probably used to make fun of African American vernacular aka ebonics.

I also used my handy dandy librarian skills to search quickly thru the Social Security Admin database....no hits.

Ditto for facebook.

So unless I get a student named that...I don't believe it

....I'll believe it when I see it.

The variation of a name with a - to produce a name that sounds like ___dash___ is an urban legend probably used to make fun of African American vernacular aka ebonics.

I also used my handy dandy librarian skills to search quickly thru the Social Security Admin database....no hits.

Ditto for facebook.

So unless I get a student named that...I don't believe it

Go look up Peter Wacker. He exists. Or I can take a pic from my high school yearbook. He, and Yacov Pekar (the Russian exchange student) were the T.

Back