All-Star Two Kids, Two Gyms?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 14, 2010
Anyone out there belong to two different All Star gyms? I used to think it to be a task, I have now embraced it and use it as a huge blessing! I myself and my two children are very happy and would love to share some support if you are struggling with similar situations..... :)

Ha ha, well mine are significantly different ages, so they do not competenin the same division. However, ironically enough, the younger and newer of the two possesses more skill than then the older. They were at the same gym previously, but this season the gym didn't have a team for the age/skill set of one of them, so we pretty much didn't have a choice. They actually getnalong better now. Oddly enough.

My 8th grade year I cheered at one gym and my little sister at another. At the time I cheered for the more competitive gym with numerous titles where as my little sister was only in the 2nd grade and wanted to be with her friends cheering. She didn't care about winning like I did she would rather be with her best friends just having fun. The situation fit my family and we made it work. Luckily most comps both of the gyms would be at the same one but when it did come up that one of us was somewhere and the other somewhere else my parents would split and my mom would be with one and my dad with the other.

I've coached the daughters of a "rival" gyms head coach. We are always at the same competitions and their mom wanted them to be on a coed team. It was a unique situation and it worked out great for everyone. Mom was happy, I was happy and the athletes were happy. They stayed with me for 3 seasons.

I've coached the daughters of a "rival" gyms head coach. We are always at the same competitions and their mom wanted them to be on a coed team. It was a unique situation and it worked out great for everyone. Mom was happy, I was happy and the athletes were happy. They stayed with me for 3 seasons.
Sounds like Cathy from dance moms.. only it worked out! haha

I have some experience with this ... unfortunately ... And from my experience in almost every case this is not a good situation for the kids the family or for either gym. Talking in the viewing area about how one gym or coach's are better then the other, wearing two different gym logos at competitions, two different gyms stickers on the car, etc.
As a gym owner I have had to deal with the fallout from other parents about how it looks when for one daughter it's ok to be trained by me, while the family thinks another gym is a better "fit" for the other. It is a mess, Mess, MESS.

Recently however I have a situation where, with the older sisters absences I feel the younger sister is coming into her own and is achieving skills she may not have. I just hope that it doesn't serve to bite me in the end again and the parents ultimately take the athlete that I have trained and gives them to another gym that "fits" their family better.

I still disagree with it and think that it is 99.99999999% of the time it is more an ego issue and serves no good!!!! However I must admit I am glad in this one scenario that it is benefiting a wonderful young lady.

We had this last year with Sisters.. One cheered for PrimeTyme and the other ACE. We have it again this season with a different set of sisters. Its actually very smooth with no problems.

There is a mom on here who has a kid at CEA and another at Greensboro? or somewhere around there... I think it may have to do with one being in college, but idk haha it's in her sig!

I wouldn't do it, but purely for economic reasons. I get half off tuition for the second kid, can pass down unis, traveling for two different gyms would get pricey, etc... Anyway, I love our gym :) It would take something severe for us to leave.

I'll never forget seeing the parent at nca with a haft ca and haft spirit shirt on. So cute! But yes I know of one girl Whos on fiercekatz and her sisters on spirits international I believe so they will be competing against each other

Back