All-Star U Of Md Cuts Cheer Program..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm really sad for the kids who will lose scholarship money but sooo excited they will be back at NCA. And louisville better watch out cuz they have spent the last two years working on nothing but technique and execution next year is going to be sick! Point of clarification- competitive cheer was cut as a varsity sport, which means they won't get the large scholarship backing it does not mean they wont have a team. They will just be an activity they can still get some financial support from the university just not the millions of dollars they received as as a sport.

'I am a big supporter of women's sports -- season ticket holder for Md. Women basketball for years - but I have to say that competitive cheer is about the dumbest excuse for a college sport ever. Cheerleading itself is, I think, not the best role model for our daughters.'

I just wanted to reach through my computer screen and hit her when I read this...
Cody I was getting ready to contact kingston to get you banned and then I realized you were quoting someone else...you might want to use these " " they can really put things into perspective. LOL

ALSO who said that? :jawdrop:

I'm really sad for the kids who will lose scholarship money but sooo excited they will be back at NCA. And louisville better watch out cuz they have spent the last two years working on nothing but technique and execution next year is going to be sick! Point of clarification- competitive cheer was cut as a varsity sport, which means they won't get the large scholarship backing it does not mean they wont have a team. They will just be an activity they can still get some financial support from the university just not the millions of dollars they received as as a sport.

The current members won't be losing their scholarships and the newbies won't lose it because they will have never been able to get it.

Does anyone know how the recruiting when for this next season or if they were even allowed to recruit. I am wondering if some fo the athletes who "committed" backed out and will be going elsewhere.

Cody I was getting ready to contact kingston to get you banned and then I realized you were quoting someone else...you might want to use these " " they can really put things into perspective. LOL

ALSO who said that? :jawdrop:
Haha whoops I'll be sure to do that next time! Somebody in the comments on the link. I was left speechless.

juscheerthatisall said:

The girls won't lose their scholarship and yes NCA IS GOING TO BE CRAZY 2013!!!!

So does anyone know what has happened or will happen when it comes to new members for next season? Will/did they hold tryouts or is the University going to completely do away with it so that the club has to form a new all girl team?

Back