High School Uca All-american

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have one, I'll try to find it for a pic.

I know this is an old thread, but this is recently relevant to me. All American is usually chosen based on the average score of the camp. It he average score is 8 (total guess), and you score below that you don't go. I truly believe it's a money maker, my teammates who went to London, are not the most standout athletes, but based on the other preformances, they surpassed them. Many girls from our camp didn't go because the price is crazy, my friends however wanted the experience and made it work.

The trip is great, but the price could be totally cheaper.
The trips are actually a great deal. The prices do seem high! But for the London trip it costs approx $2500.

A round trip flight to London would normally cost most people 1100-1500 as is. The trip then includes your hotel stay for the week (an amazing Hotel with Breakfast every morning and a few dinners included - world class service too. Oh and its on the River Thames looking out onto the Tower of London bridge).

In addition, you also get with the trip package, a 'broadway' (West End) show, Tours of the City, St Pauls Cathedral, Windsor Castle (one of the Queens residences), subway passes, and food vouchers for most of your meals.

Same goes for the other All American trips, well worth every penny! They are an amazing experience!

The trips are actually a great deal. The prices do seem high! But for the London trip it costs approx $2500.

A round trip flight to London would normally cost most people 1100-1500 as is. The trip then includes your hotel stay for the week (an amazing Hotel with Breakfast every morning and a few dinners included - world class service too. Oh and its on the River Thames looking out onto the Tower of London bridge).

In addition, you also get with the trip package, a 'broadway' (West End) show, Tours of the City, St Pauls Cathedral, Windsor Castle (one of the Queens residences), subway passes, and food vouchers for most of your meals.

Same goes for the other All American trips, well worth every penny! They are an amazing experience!

What I didn't mention was the fact that my parents wouldn't let me go to another country alone, (or with those teammates), so it would double the cost to have a parent to come. It was $3,000. It's a great experience yes, but for a family with children in college and other financial responsibilities a trip to London for cheer was basically out of the question.

I actually went to London this NYE because my cousin was cheering in the parade.

She was on the package, and stayed with teammates, while we were in a hotel a few blocks away.

The hotel they were at was very nice, great location. Literally right outside tower bridge!

She really enjoyed it, her only complaint was that she was really hungry. They were given food vouchers that were for places like KFC, Mcdonalds, etc, and they werent allowed to go unless a UCA staffer took them or mom signed them out, and they were running around so much it was rare. (They were allowed to go to the Starbucks that was literally right outside their hotels door, and their was a restaurant inside of their hotel but they said it was super gross) We ended up signing out like 10 girls the one day for lunch, and bringing them pizzas at night because they were so hungry!

Also, just be prepared that it is not a huge parade, it is nothing like a Macy's day parade, but still a really great experience. I loved London, and the girls got to go on a guided tour as well as a tour to Windsor Castle.

My cousin also really liked it in the sense that it helped her decide on a college. She was kind of shy in HS, and really had her heart set on a big school, where she knew no one and could be a whole new outgoing self. Being away from family, and on her own in London most of the time was a big eye opener. It took two days before she declared she was going to the smaller school a few hours from home with her sister. It was a great experience for everyone in the end (other then our flights got canceled and we almost didnt make it there, A MESS)

UCA must be way different than NCA, at NCA camp you get nominated by a staffer and you can't try out unless you're nominated. I also thought all the people who made it made sense as to why they made it. You have to have a certain score to make it. I made it and did the disney parade, it was really fun!

Back