All-Star Uca All-stars Nationals 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Bus transportation from venues is far from reliable... I waited 45 minutes at pop century resort for a bus to ESPN that never showed up... Thankfully a cheer mom asked the epcot bus driver to take us and he agreed.

Competed or coached at this competition for 10 years, now just go as a spectator. This will always be my favorite competition. Love the venue, love the weather, love the overall "fun" feeling of the competition. Lots of great programs come to this one, it is still a "big" nationals without being as big as Cheersport/NCA.

Pros
  1. Scoring always seems to be accurate, competition has great staff and runs on time
  2. Competition venues are all great
  3. Weather is usually great
  4. Being at Disney is fun - I never got sick of it and neither did my teams
  5. The overall feel of practicing at All Stars beforehand is fun - all the teams are there, everyone is excited, just plain fun
  6. Lots of great programs and teams, divisions are all stacked
  7. The jackets have always been my favorite, but that is probably from years of tradition
Cons
  1. This can be a pretty expensive competition. Some people reduce the cost by staying off-site or driving a team bus down instead of flying.
  2. Most of the venues are at Wide World of Sports now, but there will always be Indiana Jones and like the previous poster said, that can provide some issues. Fortunately the transportation to and from the two venues is quick and reliable. The biggest issue here is that it is hard for parents and other teams to see everyone compete.
  3. Sometimes the weather can suck - this competition has a lot of outside time, and when it's raining as it did this weekend it can "dampen" the competition.

these are actual tweets from girls on diamonds. i censored their names but these are 100% real tweets from real girls on diamonds.
Cayce ***@cayce_** Call me a sore loser but this is ridiculous #bullshit

Kelli ****@kellbel****
@ninleven no suns got first but they did worse day 2 which was 75% and moved from 4th to 1st. It was fixed

Kelli ****@kellbel****I hate judges. #fixedcompetition.

Kelsey***@Kelsey*** @stiveyywond**** world cup suns. Ha Jo was in fourth yesterday. We didn't have one mistake. And somehow still stayed third? #politics

thats why i said specifically about diamonds. because i specifically saw the tweets from girls on diamonds. i wouldnt just make them up.
Does anyone know the raw scores and deductions so we can see it in black and white and put it to sleep. Its really making people look like babies.

Bus transportation from venues is far from reliable... I waited 45 minutes at pop century resort for a bus to ESPN that never showed up... Thankfully a cheer mom asked the epcot bus driver to take us and he agreed.
I'm sorry that was your experience. In my 10 years at the competition I never once had a bad experience. I was giving my opinion of transportation - of course everyone can have a different experience, be it bad or good. I feel like UCA gets knocked a lot on this board, and I want people to understand there are a whole slew of people out there that do not frequent these boards who love this competition and have nothing bad to say about it. Those opinions are just as valid and real as the opinions of people who do not like the competition.

Wow. It's a bit surprising the sore losers here. What ever happened to congratulating the national champion for stepping it up when it counted most? Bottom line is the Suns stepped up when the pressure was on. Also was anybody complaining the Suns last place position after a solid performance Saturday? So why not accept that this was a very competitive division and the best team won this weekend out of an extremely competitive division with four very good teams.

these are actual tweets from girls on diamonds. i censored their names but these are 100% real tweets from real girls on diamonds.
Cayce ***@cayce_** Call me a sore loser but this is ridiculous #bullshit

Kelli ****@kellbel****
@ninleven no suns got first but they did worse day 2 which was 75% and moved from 4th to 1st. It was fixed

Kelli ****@kellbel****I hate judges. #fixedcompetition.

Kelsey***@Kelsey*** @stiveyywond**** world cup suns. Ha Jo was in fourth yesterday. We didn't have one mistake. And somehow still stayed third? #politics

thats why i said specifically about diamonds. because i specifically saw the tweets from girls on diamonds. i wouldnt just make them up.
Good Lord are you trying to make this gym look bad? No need to repost someones tweets...just ask your own question.

Does anyone know what happened in small senior ? The top three teams are all amazing - I am just surprised orange was in 3rd and then jumped to first. No bashing here just curious on the routines and how everything played out :)

I was at Disney for UCA HS Nationals a few weeks ago and I had the same thing happen! My 2 boy cousins and I went to Animal Kingdom in the morning and we wanted to get to the milkhouse by 2 so we could watch both their sisters' division. We were going to get a bus from Animal Kingdom to Pop Century then Pop Century to the Milkhouse. We waited for the bus from Animal Kingdom to Pop Century for over 45 MINUTES and it never came. We called my mom since she had rented a car (she was there with both my aunts/uncles already). And luckily we got there as the division started which was about 5 minutes before the girls were going back to warmups. It was ridiculous. It must be something about the Pop Century buses.

Does anyone know what happened in small senior ? The top three teams are all amazing - I am just surprised orange was in 3rd and then jumped to first. No bashing here just curious on the routines and how everything played out :)

Orange had 3 points in deductions day 1 and were behind by only 1.89. with day 2 being 75% they were able to move back up to 1st! Are you confused because of how Angels only moved up 1 spot? because i am too! I thought atleast 3rd!

Back