High School Uca Cheer Camps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 20, 2011
Ok, so sachem north, Dunbar, hunterdon central, Houston HS, north laurel, where do you all attend summer camp? Where are your favorite UCA camps and why?

Thanks for any feedback.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Alot of the schools here in North Texas go to the UCA camp that is held at the Great Wolf Lodge. It's great for the cheerleaders since they get to go to the waterpark. However on the last day of camp, when the parents can come watch, it is outside.. and here in June, it can be very sunny and very hot!!

I'm guessing teams in the Lexington area like Dunbar go to the one at University of Kentucky, if they go to UCA camps.
I hear ones in Alabama (as well as Kentucky) UCA camps are the most competitive and elite, I guess you could say. I'm pretty they keep sure all UCA camps pretty much the same, it just depends on the teams and instructors that are there.

There are listings on varsity.com that will tell you where the different types of camps are (elite, mascot, etc.)

Alot of the schools here in North Texas go to the UCA camp that is held at the Great Wolf Lodge. It's great for the cheerleaders since they get to go to the waterpark. However on the last day of camp, when the parents can come watch, it is outside.. and here in June, it can be very sunny and very hot!!

One of my friends took her team to a Texas camp and loved it! Sunny and hot, is it also humid?

I'm guessing teams in the Lexington area like Dunbar go to the one at University of Kentucky, if they go to UCA camps.
I hear ones in Alabama (as well as Kentucky) UCA camps are the most competitive and elite, I guess you could say. I'm pretty they keep sure all UCA camps pretty much the same, it just depends on the teams and instructors that are there.

There are listings on varsity.com that will tell you where the different types of camps are (elite, mascot, etc.)

I think this is where we will go! I'm so stinkin' excited! Our state is no longer offering an Elite camp but will provide if we ask for it. Plus we think the road trip and experience will be great fun for our teams. We won't be on top but definitely want to be in the company of top teams, what better motivation is there than seeing Dunbar in person? :) Thanks for the input!

I think this is where we will go! I'm so stinkin' excited! Our state is no longer offering an Elite camp but will provide if we ask for it. Plus we think the road trip and experience will be great fun for our teams. We won't be on top but definitely want to be in the company of top teams, what better motivation is there than seeing Dunbar in person? :) Thanks for the input!
Your UCA rep or state director can tell you what teams attended a certain camp last year or who is already signed up for this year. I know Dunbar used to travel to attend a beach camp. I have no clue what they do now though. Your best bet if you want to be around top teams is to ask your rep. Remember bigger camps usually have more than one session, so you may travel to UK for camp in June only to find out some of the teams you want to be around go in July.

Sachem North goes to Pine Forest.. however they learn all their material through V!ROC's Craig Monte.

Rocky Point (another nat'l champ from LI) uses V!ROC's Tony Nash

I would be a little bummed if we didn't see any top teams but the ultimate reason for going to Kentucky is we are assured elite instruction. We get good instruction but as someone earlier said, it all depends on the instructors at each specific camp. We are so excited! We will be using Vroc for choreography, we have used them but then she left vroc so we will go back to them as a company, not follow the individual. I can't wait for JULY!!!

I would be a little bummed if we didn't see any top teams but the ultimate reason for going to Kentucky is we are assured elite instruction. We get good instruction but as someone earlier said, it all depends on the instructors at each specific camp. We are so excited! We will be using Vroc for choreography, we have used them but then she left vroc so we will go back to them as a company, not follow the individual. I can't wait for JULY!!!

Hooray! I'm making the switch from UCA Northeast to Midsouth Staff this year so I can spend my last summer as a college student with my friends from school. Most of my camps will be in Kentucky... hope we cross paths this summer!

Hooray! I'm making the switch from UCA Northeast to Midsouth Staff this year so I can spend my last summer as a college student with my friends from school. Most of my camps will be in Kentucky... hope we cross paths this summer!
^ Yes! That'd be great!!

Dunbar wont be at the Kentucky camp but at Bama

Back