High School UCA HIGH SCHOOL 2010 RESULTS

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

XTREMElyfierce said:
SECoach said:
i loved new ro last year!
cant wait to see if they got stiffed too.

well at practice our coaches wife(also our coach) got a text from him saying crash and burn about new ro, not sure what it means it could be about something else idk we were freaking out trying to figure out what happened

Thats gheyy
hopefully its a good thing?
haha but i doubt it.

In my opinion the right team won Small Coed. Blackman was GREAT in Finals. They executed their routine very well and had lots of great tumbling and even added a few tricks. 13 members of their team did standing tucks while flipping signs. That is difficult. And their routine was jammed packed with skills. They earned this title and I hope to see them repeat for many years to come. The BLAZE brought the house down with their energy and excitement:) Congrats to all the other teams as well. Their were many GREAT teams. They are all champions even if they did not win this year.

Is it legal for an 8th grader to be on a high school team....we know of a girl locally that is on her sisters team and at the UCA Nationals this weekend a girl on the bus told our friend who is a coach that shes in 8th grade and competing on a high school team...never heard of this...ANYONE?????

wyldwon said:
Is it legal for an 8th grader to be on a high school team....we know of a girl locally that is on her sisters team and at the UCA Nationals this weekend a girl on the bus told our friend who is a coach that shes in 8th grade and competing on a high school team...never heard of this...ANYONE?????
It's legal and done all the time here in SC. SC teams aren't allowed in National competitions though so I'm not sure about UCA.

cheerKT said:
wyldwon said:
It's legal and done all the time here in SC. SC teams aren't allowed in National competitions though so I'm not sure about UCA.

i alwayssss wondered this. why aren't they allowed?

wyldwon said:

yes. rocky point has been competing 8th graders for the past 3 years

SECoach said:
Cheer Tennessee said:
SECoach said:
Kentwood Sm Coed had skills never seen at UCA. They were in first out of semi's and then hit an even BETTER routine in finals, and dropped to fifth? I don't understand how something like that can happen.

If you are going to judge a competition of this caliber, then all of the judges need to be on the same page.

If you dont mind me asking..Since Varisty cuts out part of the routine.. what where the "Skills" that UCA has never seen in Kentwoods routine? It all looked similar to the other coed teams in the division.

Theres a new video up that shows everything.
Their series Tick tocks
and then does 1 1/4.
They also throw 3 kick doubles, which isnt very common...

baskets aren't a section of the scoresheet which is probably why

Really? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought tosses were worth 5 points...

If not I stand corrected, but I know for sure that if you only have one toss in the whole routine, you wont score very well.
Im sure it makes you gain points somewhere on the score sheets (if there is no toss portion) wether it be over-all impression, or stunts...

CheerKatie08 said:
wyldwon said:

yes. rocky point has been competing 8th graders for the past 3 years

this must be a state specific thing because for sure in CT you are not allowed to have 8th graders "compete" with you. You are allowed to have a potential member of the team (when the are in 9th grade) "practice" and "scrimmage" with the team. They are not allowed to participate in "contests". CT also has a 4 year max rule - can't be a member of the team for more than 4 years.

XTREMElyfierce said:
cheerKT said:
wyldwon said:

i alwayssss wondered this. why aren't they allowed?
Such a crappy rule I know. HS cheer in SC is governed by the High School League which rules over all public school sports in the state. They put limitations on practices (number of hours before certain dates, dead weeks, etc) There is a rule in there that says teams can't compete out of state at all. I believe it applies to all sports. But many other states High School Leagues don't deal with cheerleading at all and often times those are the ones allowed to go to Nationals and stuff. There are several other states with this dumb rule too. It sucks because there are a lot of great teams here and in other states like Georgia, which aren't allowed to be seen on a national level =(

SECoach said:
Really? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought tosses were worth 5 points...

If not I stand corrected, but I know for sure that if you only have one toss in the whole routine, you wont score very well.
Im sure it makes you gain points somewhere on the score sheets (if there is no toss portion) wether it be over-all impression, or stunts...

tosses are not on the UCA High School score sheet.

Back