High School UCA HIGH SCHOOL 2010 RESULTS

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

allstarcheerman said:
SECoach said:
Really? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought tosses were worth 5 points...

If not I stand corrected, but I know for sure that if you only have one toss in the whole routine, you wont score very well.
Im sure it makes you gain points somewhere on the score sheets (if there is no toss portion) wether it be over-all impression, or stunts...

tosses are not on the UCA High School score sheet.

:)

Congratulations the 3 Teams From Kentucky That Got A National Championship Tittle!!! GREENUP! GRAVES COUNTY! AND NORTH LAUREL MIDDLE! Congratulations Boyd County on 2nd Place Finish!!

I think thats where alot of a people get confused with UCA.. YOU HAVE TO STUDY THERE SCORESHEET and ASK people who work for Varsity for some feedback!.. A Team that throws squad round off tuck WILL score higher than a team that comes out and throws 7 fulls.. baskets dont matter at UCA HS they arent on the scoresheet.. a team that does a very simple but crowd effective and leading cheer WILL outscore a team that does an innoviatitive (SP) and difficult cheer. My best friends judge High School and UCA AllStar.. and ive judge HS for UCA aswell..

oo and North Laurel is AMAZING lol

i just watched Graves County and watching them is like watching a high school version of UK. from the blue and white traditional looking uniforms with the big G, the opening voiceover that i believe UK used last year (might be the year before), and the signs look like theirs too it was interesting. amazing routine though.

these last few years it seems like Dunbar is declining. sad because they had so much talent at one time.

also i am kind of shocked that North Laurel didn't win the medium varsity D1. IMO their routine was much better then the team that won.

ztaprincess said:
i just watched Graves County and watching them is like watching a high school version of UK. from the blue and white traditional looking uniforms with the big G, the opening voiceover that i believe UK used last year (might be the year before), and the signs look like theirs too it was interesting. amazing routine though.

these last few years it seems like Dunbar is declining. sad because they had so much talent at one time.

also i am kind of shocked that North Laurel didn't win the medium varsity D1. IMO their routine was much better then the team that won.

they dont show the whole routine on varsity wired but if you watch north laurel in finals they cut to the end of a stunt and there is one already in a cradle and the other side is still up and then coming down..so maybe they had a fall?

allstarcheerman said:
Yes, North Laurel varsity had a drop.

i had no idea with the way varsity cuts the routines. i was really blown away by their routine though. if only the schools around here were that good lol.

Cheer Tennessee said:
I think thats where alot of a people get confused with UCA.. YOU HAVE TO STUDY THERE SCORESHEET and ASK people who work for Varsity for some feedback!.. A Team that throws squad round off tuck WILL score higher than a team that comes out and throws 7 fulls.. baskets dont matter at UCA HS they arent on the scoresheet.. a team that does a very simple but crowd effective and leading cheer WILL outscore a team that does an innoviatitive (SP) and difficult cheer.

bingo! my high school coach prints out the scoresheet right before choreography each year and hands it out to each girl, this way there's no "can my full go here?... but our group can do a double quadruple flippy up why are we just doing a full up to a lib? why am I doing a toe touch basket in the cheer when I can do a kick double? why do we do standing backs more than once in the cheer when I have a two to full" from the new girls. I feel as if this scoresheet should be the *disclaimer* at the top from this forum. one look at it really can make a world of a difference when understanding placements

ttumble0819 said:
CheerKatie08 said:
wyldwon said:
Is it legal for an 8th grader to be on a high school team....we know of a girl locally that is on her sisters team and at the UCA Nationals this weekend a girl on the bus told our friend who is a coach that shes in 8th grade and competing on a high school team...never heard of this...ANYONE?????

yes. rocky point has been competing 8th graders for the past 3 years

this must be a state specific thing because fo
CheerBabyB said:
Medium Varsity D1
Someone PLEEEEASE tell me why North Laurel got 2nd!
r sure in CT you are not allowed to have 8th graders "compete" with you. You are allowed to have a potential member of the team (when the are in 9th grade) "practice" and "scrimmage" with the team. They are not allowed to participate in "contests". CT also has a 4 year max rule - can't be a member of the team for more than 4 years.

yes... definetly a state thing. in New York, athletes are eligible for sports in 7th grade. as long as they take a "maturity" test, which is just a fitness test held by the school to make sure the athlete will be physically able (probably for liability), they can play at the jv/varsity level

CheerBabyB said:
Medium Varsity D1
Someone PLEEEEASE tell me why North Laurel got 2nd!

my guess is the stunt fall :/. LOVED them though and wish they could've had a back-to-back!

cheerKT said:
XTREMElyfierce said:
cheerKT said:
wyldwon said:
Is it legal for an 8th grader to be on a high school team....we know of a girl locally that is on her sisters team and at the UCA Nationals this weekend a girl on the bus told our friend who is a coach that shes in 8th grade and competing on a high school team...never heard of this...ANYONE?????
It's legal and done all the time here in SC. SC teams aren't allowed in National competitions though so I'm not sure about UCA.

i alwayssss wondered this. why aren't they allowed?
Such a crappy rule I know. HS cheer in SC is governed by the High School League which rules over all public school sports in the state. They put limitations on practices (number of hours before certain dates, dead weeks, etc) There is a rule in there that says teams can't compete out of state at all. I believe it applies to all sports. But many other states High School Leagues don't deal with cheerleading at all and often times those are the ones allowed to go to Nationals and stuff. There are several other states with this dumb rule too. It sucks because there are a lot of great teams here and in other states like Georgia, which aren't allowed to be seen on a national level =(

Exactly....GA Has this same rule *sigh* We don't have 8th graders who compete with Varsity, but we do have 8th graders that compete with JV. We are in the middle of HS Tryouts right now, but the 8th graders can't tryout until the last day of school and anyone who is transferring into the district also can't tryout until the last day of school.

I got caught up in this UCA HS thing because Lifetime is replaying the episodes of Cheerleader Nation and cp started watching them. She doesn't get that the show was taped three years ago! She watched the Varsity TV and when the results came out she got upset because she thought Dunbar would win and why did all the girls look different.... :roll: It was an incredibly long weekend...lol
On the other hand I was super excited to see Sachem and Rocky Point do so well...when I was in hs on Long Island we had one girl that could do a BHS and we thought we were the schizz :lol!:

CAPheebersmom said:
On the other hand I was super excited to see Sachem and Rocky Point do so well...when I was in hs on Long Island we had one girl that could do a BHS and we thought we were the schizz :lol!:

aw I'm going to send this to the RP girls.. they're still really upset about the outcome, being in 2nd place on day 1 then going to 8th when both days they hit their routine (& same with their competition..). Our coach is getting together with a few other med varsity coaches from what I understand to petition to have a consistant judging panel for both days. but, I didn't know you were from LI that's so cool!

I'm looking forward to the 2011 high school nationals i think Timber Creek will come out with something really great :)

Back