High School Uca High School Nationals 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone know when the cheer parties are and where? How does that work? Parents want to know.

I've been out of high school for 3 years so it might have changed but in the past they have been at Magic kingdom (I think Friday night) the park is open extended hours for cheerleaders and then Sunday night at Universal Studios, the park is open until like 2am? For both parties, the athletes receive a wrist band that they must show at the door. I believe you can order extra wrist bands if parents want to go.

Does anyone know when the cheer parties are and where? How does that work? Parents want to know.
Friday night is at the Magic Kingdom. I think it's an extra hour or two past park hours. To midnight maybe? I've never been, I don't know if anyone ever goes. It's awfully late to be out the night before competition! There is a wrist band for this and only the people staying on Disney property through the UCA Package can attend. They don't sell extra wristbands for this one.

Sunday night is the Block Party at Hollywood Studios. Its from 9 or 10 pm - 2 am. The floor of Indiana Jones theater turns into a big party with a DJ and select rides are open. There is a wristband given for this as well. If you're not on the package you can buy extra of these, I think there $30 or $35 each. The one catch is that if you aren't staying on the package, you have to provide your own transportation. Disney transportation doesn't run that night since its UCA people only. The UCA busses run and if you don't have the correct color lanyard they won't let you on the busses.

So I'm assuming Sportscenter Arena South is what was known as the Varsity Tent? Anyone know for sure?

So I'm assuming Sportscenter Arena South is what was known as the Varsity Tent? Anyone know for sure?
I'm guessing but we now have sportcenter arena north And a champions arena?? For jacket and trophy presentations.. [emoji33] we will all be running around crazy on Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they had to stop competing a couple of years ago. That's why I was surprised when people started putting them in their predictions.
But they were at nationals last year and placed 2nd behind Houston Middle. It seems that the high school had to have a rebuilding year, which might explain why they have 14 girls on the floor this year instead of the usual 16.

But they were at nationals last year and placed 2nd behind Houston Middle. It seems that the high school had to have a rebuilding year, which might explain why they have 14 girls on the floor this year instead of the usual 16.

Not sure i remember somewhere it wa mention that the school didn't support them competing or something like that. I know Jomo use or still do coach or choreograph them

Not sure i remember somewhere it wa mention that the school didn't support them competing or something like that. I know Jomo use or still do coach or choreograph them
That was the rumor going around about the HS.

I believe they had to stop competing a couple of years ago. That's why I was surprised when people started putting them in their predictions.
They've never stopped competing as far as I know. They were at regionals this fall in the small division, and didn't place that great. Its a little shocking that they aren't on the nationals schedule.

I've been to nationals the past 3 years...I've never seen the medium division at Indiana Jones. I think you're safe somewhere at WWOS.. of course this will be the year they change it.

I competed med all girl in 2011 for Pinelands! And our prelims were at indiana jones and it was definitely chilly out there compared to everywhere else that weekend!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I competed med all girl in 2011 for Pinelands! And our prelims were at indiana jones and it was definitely chilly out there compared to everywhere else that weekend!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Weather at Indian Jones is so hit or miss....I only competed there once out of my times there but it was so cold. We were standing my portable heaters while we were "on deck" and you could see your breath will competing. I'm from Wisconsin so I know cold but it was still super cold competing...but it was a rather cold and rainy weekend the entire time which was sad.

I've competed in all four venues and I think obviously milk house is the best, then jostens. Then Pbrly Indiana Jones (when weather is nice) and then varsity arena, it was the first year ever for that one when I competed in it, it's alright but not my fav. Didn't totally have the same "feel" to me.

They've never stopped competing as far as I know. They were at regionals this fall in the small division, and didn't place that great. Its a little shocking that they aren't on the nationals schedule.
I haven't seen NLMS's routine, but I am guessing that this year might not be a good year to go because of their tumbling? I am not sure, but I wonder how they tumbling has changed since last season. Hopefully their ratios are helping this year.

Back