All-Star Uca Nationals - Orlando, Fl (3/9-3/10)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not feeling confident they can run this competition like CHEERSPORT runs theirs if they can't even get the schedule correct. I'm feeling like it won't be out for the general public until next week and both NCA and CHEERSPORT are running circles around them in terms of management. I also have been less than impressed with the production quality of the regional events (hoping nationals is better).

And as the mother of a male cheerleader...,the satin jacket is not blowing his hair back ;)

Hopefully they will prove all my first impressions wrong, but as first impressions go, I'm not excited about the money I'm going to fork out for this in comparison to the return.
The production quality at ESPN venue is very good. The set up/backdrop is nice. UCA Nationals is usually a very well run competition. I am not sure what is going on with the schedule - but it is usually a fun competition. Here is a video from last year - you can see the back drop its usually the same every year and how they come out.

I know your disappointment of not competing in the field house and I do not want you to think im saying this with an attitude because I'm not but As a parent of a level 5 athlete I just want to remind you that every level 5 CP did not start as a level 5.I guess the fitting words are " been there done that "....

Nothing but respect. I don't post often but have been a "fierce" reader/follower of the board since the "original" and have always found you respectful & informative in your posts. I completely understand & agree with your point, my own CP has been levels 2-4 and has filled in/helped out on 5 ( never competed). To be honest, this doesn't even affect her. I try to advocate for all levels. I guess my point is that the majority of athletes will never make a level 5 team. They practice, work & PAY the same amount, yet are to many times, overshadowed by level 5. In a large gym such as yours, I respect the "been there, done that" and reaping the benefit of the hard work it takes to reach that level. For smaller gyms it doesn't always work out that way. With a smaller talent pool, many times they will have athletes make the jump without complete 5 skills (esp in tumbling) to fill a team so its not always a case of "paying their dues", so to speak. These lower levels desire, commitment & love for what they do is no different so IMO, should be treated as equally as possible.

So when I hear/see them upset about not getting to "come out of the castle" or upset about being separated etc etc etc..... Makes me feel sad for them & the parents wallets.

Lol, now I remember why I don't usually post..... Promise my rant/complaining is over. I do realize it is impossible to please everyone especially when its a large comp & the venue is Disney. Best to all competing...may it be a "magically" experience for everyone!

I understand the frustration about not competing in the HP Field House. But this competition is so large, it's not possible for every division to compete there. Even if they had put Levels 4 & 5 somewhere else on Day 1, it would still leave out 1-2 divisions. So instead of just leaving out one division, they decide to put the same group in there both days. I think that's more fair than leaving just one group out.

Anyone coming to this competition for the first time could have easily figured out before the schedule came out that UCA only puts Levels 4 & 5 there, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise.

I pretty much agree, no matter how its split, someone would be left out. Unless of course they omit level 5, after all, they have worlds ;p....seriously, just kidding.

As for not being a surprise, not so sure. We were last there in I believe 2010 and all our teams, level 2-5 competed 1day each, in the fieldhouse.

Our gym always rents out a couple of our own buses to shuttle athletes, parents and coaches between hotel and venues. Disney transportation is less than reliable for this event (not all day long, just at the worst possible times, it seems...LOL). I strongly recommend it. It usually costs about $60/athlete.

So the castle backdrop is only at the ESPN venue? Ohhhh, my level 3 CP will be SO disappointed. She's talked all season about performing in front of that backdrop!

The production quality at ESPN venue is very good. The set up/backdrop is nice. UCA Nationals is usually a very well run competition. I am not sure what is going on with the schedule - but it is usually a fun competition. Here is a video from last year - you can see the back drop its usually the same every year and how they come out.

My kids have competed in all 4 venues at UCA. The production quality at the Milk House is excelent. It is very exciting for the kids to be able come out through the castle and compete. (Only the Milk House lets you come through the castle.) The energy is great throughout.
The Jostens’s Center is nice, but if you are expecting it to be like what you saw on TV, you may be disappointed. (Hence the posts every year around Worlds.) Indiana Jones Theater is nice too, as long as it isn’t raining.
The Varsity tent is not a good place to compete. It is more suited for an outdoor wedding than a cheer competition. I think the tent is only used for levels 1 and 2, but I would think a Senior 2 team could toss a straight ride basket that could easily hit the top of the tent.
For the money, I would much rather go to Cheersport, NCA, or Supernationals.

So the castle backdrop is only at the ESPN venue? Ohhhh, my level 3 CP will be SO disappointed. She's talked all season about performing in front of that backdrop!
They still have a nice castle backdrop at Jostens, but it's flat, if that makes sense. It's not the 3D one like in the Fieldhouse.

Back