High School Uca Tumbling Advice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 5, 2011
Ok all my UCA coaches, judges and staff members, tumbling question for you.

We are trying to decide between cartwheel tucks and standing hand tucks in a section of our routine. There isn't enough time for both. The girls have both, each are equally as clean. Our coaching staff has been debating which is viewed as more difficult and would potentially score better.

Bumping. I don't think I know enough for my guess to be taken really seriously, but maybe the cartwheel tucks? It takes more strength and power to throw a tuck out of a cartwheel than out of a handspring.

In my opinion difficulty is basically the same, I would do standing handspring tucks though.
Unless your entire team cartwheels the same direction, it will not be as clean as the standing handspring tucks. Just the slight differences of people turning left or right into the cartwheel will make it look a little off unless opposites match.

I think standing hand tucks will really set you apart difficulty-wise and would look slightly cleaner because it's unlikely that everybody cartwheels the same way (left/right), but that's reeeeally nit picky.
Meh, so are the judges.

Based on the responses, the choice is obvious! LOL!

Thanks everyone for the responses! Definitely helps to hear others opinions!

I'm with majority here but is there anyway that the cartwheel tucks could be used as a transition anywhere else? I know as a coach how frustrating it can be to have skills that you can't showcase in the routine because of time constraints.
It was originally choreographed as cart wheel tucks as a transitional thing. Back then we only had a few hand tucks though, so we didn't really even consider those. Since we've had so many get the skill and so much other stuff has been changed, a hand tuck will fit in just fine now. There isn't time for both though without killing/exhausting the girls. Much of our debate has just been personal preference of the look!

Back