All-Star Uca Updates?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'd like to talk to the sportsmanship exemplified at UCA. We've been involved with All Star Cheer for over 10 years and I witnessed greater sportsmanlike behavior at this competition than I ever recall seeing previously. Kudos to the parents and coaches for their positive influence on these athletes. But athletes you deserve the credit. I was impressed by your maturity and grace. You were a pleasure to compete with.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'd like to talk to the sportsmanship exemplified at UCA. We've been involved with All Star Cheer for over 10 years and I witnessed greater sportsmanlike behavior at this competition than I ever recall seeing previously. Kudos to the parents and coaches for their positive influence on these athletes. But athletes you deserve the credit. I was impressed by your maturity and grace. You were a pleasure to compete with.

Oh maybe that's just where you were.

A grown woman from ***** wrote on my daughters page and after they were not awarded first.

Stated we only won NCA because they favor Texas teams, and that we should have not won because we aren't that good. Lol

ETA I took the gym name out because I understand this in only one person and that is not everyone from that gym and I haven't heard anything else bad about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not quite sure where in their post you read that they thought Lady Pro's routine was easy. I think they will do well, but not having the same difficulty level as the top teams in the division doesn't mean that their routine is easy.

I'm not being aggressive. However, other than in tumbling, I don't see how the top teams (CEA, ICE) have anymore stunting/pyramid difficulty than Lady Pros. And, while the Worlds scoring doesn't reflect Varsity scoring, I'm pretty sure they scored a perfect 9 in stunting, tosses, and pyramid this past weekend. I'm just trying to open dialogue. Not trying to be sassy :)

A grown woman from ***** wrote on my daughters page and after they were not awarded first.

Stated we only won NCA because they favor Texas teams, and that we should have not won because we aren't that good. Lol

ETA I took the gym name out because I understand this in only one person and that is not everyone from that gym and I haven't heard anything else bad about them

Your response should have been, "The judges just do the math and add it together, and everything is bigger in Texas."

Or, you simply could have just said, "No, we won because we're better than you."

That's just me..I know neither would not have been met with much kindness, but I'm just living vicariously through you :)

Is this a grown woman you know personally? That's pretty low if so. I'd be having a discussion with my friend. If you don't know her, I'd be blocking her. Why is a grown woman you don't know on your child's page in the first place? That's creepy-stalkerish.

Is this a grown woman you know personally? That's pretty low if so. I'd be having a discussion with my friend. If you don't know her, I'd be blocking her. Why is a grown woman you don't know on your child's page in the first place? That's creepy-stalkerish.

Idk her personally. She doesn't have to be friends/ follow to comment so no she is just a random person. I did talk to a coach from that gym who apologized and told me they will take care of it. I did notice upon going to her stuff later. She changed her name, her pic, and blocked us. I didn't block her initially till I decided what I was going to do with it. So that way I could show it for proof and access her for them. I did not identify myself in any way to the coach . (Ie. my kids name) so for the woman to do that after being talked to by the coach she knows what she did and to whom.

I do monitor her stuff closely and I have all updates texted to my phone so I saw this 4 mins after it went up!

Idk her personally. She doesn't have to be friends/ follow to comment so no she is just a random person. I did talk to a coach from that gym who apologized and told me they will take care of it. I did notice upon going to her stuff later. She changed her name, her pic, and blocked us. I didn't block her initially till I decided what I was going to do with it. So that way I could show it for proof and access her for them. I did not identify myself in any way to the coach . (Ie. my kids name) so for the woman to do that after being talked to by the coach she knows what she did and to whom.

I do monitor her stuff closely and I have all updates texted to my phone so I saw this 4 mins after it went up!

Good catch on your part, well done! There are some serious weirdos out there and grown women/cheer moms following 9-10 year old kids like yours creep me out. That's four levels of wrong right there :)

On the subject of sportsmanship: I gotta say my favorite part of the weekend was watching the coaches box! There were tons of teams that hit this weekend (it was more likely to hit than not) so I took great pleasure in watching the coaching staffs at the HP lose their minds when their kids hit! It was so much fun to watch!

It got to watching them as habit which is why it completely stood out to me when one of the coaching boxes looked completely different on Sunday. It was a great team, rather good following for them and they didn't do as well as they could have Sunday (but it was far from tragic!). I glanced over and their coach was completely checked out. Sitting down, sprawled in the chair, scowling at them. When they got to dance, this coach actually quit watching entirely, picked up all their stuff and was all but headed out the door when they finished.

Seriously? This coach needs to read Justin Carrier's "I hope you lose." I get your kids didn't hit, but they're kids.

On the subject of sportsmanship: I gotta say my favorite part of the weekend was watching the coaches box! There were tons of teams that hit this weekend (it was more likely to hit than not) so I took great pleasure in watching the coaching staffs at the HP lose their minds when their kids hit! It was so much fun to watch!

It got to watching them as habit which is why it completely stood out to me when one of the coaching boxes looked completely different on Sunday. It was a great team, rather good following for them and they didn't do as well as they could have Sunday (but it was far from tragic!). I glanced over and their coach was completely checked out. Sitting down, sprawled in the chair, scowling at them. When they got to dance, this coach actually quit watching entirely, picked up all their stuff and was all but headed out the door when they finished.

Seriously? This coach needs to read Justin Carrier's "I hope you lose." I get your kids didn't hit, but they're kids.

Wait, a coach did that? WTF.

Wait, a coach did that? WTF.
Yep. And it stood out because the coaches box was basically empty. This team didn't have a huge staff that filled it up so there were very few people in the box which is why it stood out. This coach is sitting basically alone and totally gave the side eye to the team the whole time as soon as the first thing went wrong.

I felt bad for the kids and even worse for whatever practice will look like. I surely hope they are not one of the coaches that says "you better perform like you meant it even if something goes wrong" because if that's the case they need to take their own advice.

Yep. And it stood out because the coaches box was basically empty. This team didn't have a huge staff that filled it up so there were very few people in the box which is why it stood out. This coach is sitting basically alone and totally gave the side eye to the team the whole time as soon as the first thing went wrong.

I felt bad for the kids and even worse for whatever practice will look like. I surely hope they are not one of the coaches that says "you better perform like you meant it even if something goes wrong" because if that's the case they need to take their own advice.

OMG, that is awful. How disheartening and disrespected the kids must feel. From a parent perspective I would expect more from a coaching staff. Hopefully the gym owner took notice and speaks to the coach. They are supposed to set the example.

That would crush my kid! Even if the team on stage didn't see it, other teams from the gym may have. :(

Well what message does it send the kids? It says 'give up' since I already have given up on you.
Or, "if you mess up, you're not worth my time. ". Before anyone jumps in with "you don't know what was going on...maybe (fill in excuse here)" realize that perception is EVERYTHING to a lot of kids. If they think it's happening, in their age-appropriate self absorbed world, it's happening.

OMG, that is awful. How disheartening and disrespected the kids must feel. From a parent perspective I would expect more from a coaching staff. Hopefully the gym owner took notice and speaks to the coach. They are supposed to set the example.

I dont "check out" but I sure in the heck don't jump up and down when they don't hit. I will still clap and request energy from the kids but don't be too quick to judge the coach. We are all passionate and sometimes when the team fails it takes a little bit away from that coaches heart, or at least I know that is how I would feel.

Back