All-Star Ultimate Allstar Challenge (nca Dallas)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Will your athelete or you participate?

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Shockingly, the parents are often crazier than the young athletes seeking autographs. They should know better.
And shockingly, there are parents parading their children around the arena promoting them to sign autographs. It is sad all the way around.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Shockingly, the parents are often crazier than the young athletes seeking autographs. They should know better.

I would imagine.

Here's something I have been pondering:

Why does Chelsea Cheerlebrity even need a REASON to say no?

Like, I say no to requests from people in my daily life at times for no reason other than "I just don't feel like it."

It should be the same for kids (unless they have taken it upon themselves to participate in some autograph signing-type event.)

Not "Sorry I'm not allowed." or "Sorry I have to go warm up."

But "Hey I'm just trying to pee. No."
Or "I'm just trying to hang out."

Or just "No. Sorry!"

Sometimes you just don't want to.

There are probably kids who legitimately love the attention but as with anything, everyone's different.

Last edited:
And shockingly, there are parents parading their children around the arena promoting them to sign autographs. It is sad all the way around.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

I'm double posting but have to ask: how does one even accomplish this with a teenaged kid anyway? They aren't the most cooperative folks on the planet once they're tired of doing something all day. I would hope that as long as a kid is signing autograph, it's because they want to.

I feel like this could of had potential. Maybe an event for the siblings, friends, dads watching over the other siblings, those who aren't competing, to do. Of course the items on the list shouldn't be to get autographs but maybe some riddles to find little objects or something. I feel like there are so many 'guests' who get so bored of watching cheerleaders so this could be a way to get them out of the arena for a bit.

Kind of how Varsity always has a booth set up at a competition and they'll tweet a code word and the first person to report it to the booth wins shoes or something lol.

I'm double posting but have to ask: how does one even accomplish this with a teenaged kid anyway? They aren't the most cooperative folks on the planet once they're tired of doing something all day. I would hope that as long as a kid is signing autograph, it's because they want to.
I am sure the teenage kid doesn't mind either. My point is, I hear all of these complaints saying that kids/parents are coming up to their athletes asking for autographs. Yes, that happens but it doesn't always work that way. Often cheerlebrities and their mommies are the ones seeking out the attention and not the other way around.

I am sure the teenage kid doesn't mind either. My point is, I hear all of these complaints saying that kids/parents are coming up to their athletes asking for autographs. Yes, that happens but it doesn't always work that way. Often cheerlebrities and their mommies are the ones seeking out the attention and not the other way around.

I admit that my first impression of the cheerlebrity phenomenon was that it was carefully orchestrated by the athletes/parents/coaches as a way to draw attention to themselves. Now that I have seen the other side of it, I don't believe that it generally works that way. I'm not saying we haven't made mistakes, or that everyone involved is perfectly shy and humble. However, you would be surprised at how easily it grows and gets crazy even with very normal teenagers and the best intentions.

I admit that my first impression of the cheerlebrity phenomenon was that it was carefully orchestrated by the athletes/parents/coaches as a way to draw attention to themselves. Now that I have seen the other side of it, I don't believe that it generally works that way. I'm not saying we haven't made mistakes, or that everyone involved is perfectly shy and humble. However, you would be surprised at how easily it grows and gets crazy even with very normal teenagers and the best intentions.
I can agree it can get out of hand with teenagers quickly but some parents are fangirling worse than the kids.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but as an owner who over sees the overall operation and has admittedly said you are not up on some day to day items such as team placements is it possible your gym culture is still leaning towards the cheerlebrity culture without you knowing it?

I guess I likening it to the CEO of a large company, of which CA is, who is so busy they deal with a smaller group of people and may not always get the info they need or want from the trenches.

ETA: I have no solution to the cheerlebrity culture in finding a balance and I'm not sure any one does.

**I have a gofundme account. I call it my JOB**

I can agree it can get out of hand with teenagers quickly but some parents are fangirling worse than the kids.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but as an owner who over sees the overall operation and has admittedly said you are not up on some day to day items such as team placements is it possible your gym culture is still leaning towards the cheerlebrity culture without you knowing it?

I guess I likening it to the CEO of a large company, of which CA is, who is so busy they deal with a smaller group of people and may not always get the info they need or want from the trenches.

ETA: I have no solution to the cheerlebrity culture in finding a balance and I'm not sure any one does.

We have a bunch of teams and athletes, so no, I don't pretend to know everything that happens to every athlete. I don't see every tweet, instagram post, or whatever the latest social media trend that I'm too old to know about. We are aware of more than the athletes would think, but we don't see everything. You can't simply forbid all of your athletes from having social media accounts, but you can't let them do whatever they want while in uniform either. Keeping 1000 teenagers doing exactly what you want 24/7 isn't realistic.

I think we agree that the whole "cheerlebrity" thing is more of a spectrum than an absolute. We have done some things that could be construed as promoting it (calendar, ICON, etc) and done things that are the other direction (turned down a TON of money from multiple reality shows, limited personal appearances, advertising, etc.). That balance is tough to find. I certainly wouldn't claim we or our athletes have been perfect, but we are trying to keep the trend manageable at least.

Last edited:
I'm glad this thread didn't get locked or deleted. It's brought me a lot of joy today.

Back