All-Star Under Sports Bras?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

People like me that weren't gifted with much need a little lift so we don't look 12 :p aka itty bitty titty committee

Yeppp, I wear a real bra under my sports bra, sometimes strapless. I feel like the uniform looks better when it's filled out.

And MissBee, I'm pretty sure that's just a myth.

Yeppp, I wear a real bra under my sports bra, sometimes strapless. I feel like the uniform looks better when it's filled out.

And MissBee, I'm pretty sure that's just a myth.

Oh, not the cancer thing-that's a myth. I'm thinking more along the lines of damage to milk ducts, which as a teenager you aren't thinking of-but when you're an adult and have a baby and you have blocked ducts and get mastitis-that would suck, all because when you were a teen you wanted to "look cute" in a sports bra.

Oh, not the cancer thing-that's a myth. I'm thinking more along the lines of damage to milk ducts, which as a teenager you aren't thinking of-but when you're an adult and have a baby and you have blocked ducts and get mastitis-that would suck, all because when you were a teen you wanted to "look cute" in a sports bra.

The only thing I've seen about that is that you shouldn't wear under-wire while nursing for that reason. I can't find any research that says it can cause damage otherwise.

Plus, my underwire sits against my rib cage, not on my boob, so I'm not really sure how a sports bra would make that any worse (other than maybe leaving a red mark at the end of the day). I wear a cami pretty much every day under whatever I wear to work - the ones with the shelf bra built in. It's basically the same thing as wearing a sports bra over my bra. I hope that's not going to cause any problems for me down the road :-\

I usually wear a real bra under my sports bra. I'm not into spending a lot of money for sports bras that are super nice (though with my intended career path maybe I should...) so I wear a racer back bra under sports bras for two reasons:

1. The sports bras my gym provides for practice wear are more for cute and not for coverage. Sure they're great if your 8 but they don't do much to protect against bouncing and, as a former team mate would say, "nippin":oops:
2. The ones I get from Target in order to fit my shoulders and ribs are just slightly too big to adequately compress my next to nothingness.

Anyways...this thread has made me think of a Jenna Marbles video I watched recently regarding sports bras. Beware there is an abundance of the F word

I personally wear a regular bra with y sports bra. If I don't I spill out on the sides and 'sag' a little. Not to mention become nippy.

For everyone wishing for a bigger upper area, there are definitely cons to having them :p

I have like 20 of the American Eagle yoga bras! love, love love them! Really recommend them.
Okay I went to get one today- and realized they are $25 dollars :eek:
And Target did me no good, or I was looking in the wrong place. Anybody know where I can get a cheaper one?

Okay I went to get one today- and realized they are $25 dollars :eek:
And Target did me no good, or I was looking in the wrong place. Anybody know where I can get a cheaper one?
TJ max maybe? Or maybe try looking on the Target website?
And they are that expensive!? :eek: I always use my employee discount on them so I never really knew the full price :oops:

I wear two sports bras just because I like the extra support. I am not particularly large in my upper half, it just makes me feel more comfortable. But it just doesn't really make sense to me why people wear padded sports bras when they work out. I mean, you're at a gym. I honestly don't feel like (especially in cheerleading, where there is a wide range of different body types) people (predominantly girls) are going to judge you for being small chested. I understand that some may feel self conscious about themselves, I just thought I'd throw my opinion out there ;)

I would just double up on sports bras ( I am only a 34b though) and it worked great , it didn't look the best, but who cares I was there to cheer :)

I am thankful everyday that my mother is a kohls employee..

If you can get to TJMaxx and find the Champion brand- I can NOT recommend them enough. SUPER comfy, incredibly supporting without being suffocating.

I wear a 34 D and i only wear one sports bra... I used to wear a bra underneath cuz I didnt want people seeing me nip out haha. but i stopped wearing the regular bra and its soooo much more comfortable. Except it makes me look like I wear a AA cup :p oh well, Im in it for the sport not the looks!

I usually wear a real bra under my sports bra. I'm not into spending a lot of money for sports bras that are super nice (though with my intended career path maybe I should...) so I wear a racer back bra under sports bras for two reasons:

1. The sports bras my gym provides for practice wear are more for cute and not for coverage. Sure they're great if your 8 but they don't do much to protect against bouncing and, as a former team mate would say, "nippin":oops:
2. The ones I get from Target in order to fit my shoulders and ribs are just slightly too big to adequately compress my next to nothingness.

Anyways...this thread has made me think of a Jenna Marbles video I watched recently regarding sports bras. Beware there is an abundance of the F word

I agree with you, most "sports bras" provided and designed for cheerleading are more for show. Real sports bras are supposed to squeez/flatten/tighten the breast so that when you run, jump, any giggling motions, that causes the breast to move up and down, the bra keeps the motion/movement of the breast to a minimum which reduces the pain. So young women, please wear real sports bras under your costumes to protect yourself. Please do not worry about the vanity, it is not worth it in the long run.

Back