All-Star Unfair Varsity Event

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I realize all this - as I think most people that have been around the block more than once with a child in a world's division. The thing I am getting at is there are certain/times and teams where execution means very little for a raw score. First day out a hit, second day out just a bad day and little if anything changes with the raw score. You know how that is, those teams can "absorb" those errors because their raw score is so high - should it be that high if they can not execute? Well any team can absorb those errors if raw scores are not developed correctly and deductions are not applied consistently. It is just something we have to live with if we are going to participate - however I must say, like I mentioned above, this process as far as scoring inconsistency is concerned is much more blatant than it has been in the past. If EP's want to subscribe to this methodology why not just call it what it is EP choice and then teams/gyms can make their competition choices based on those assumptions.
Not disagreeing with you, but often times judges won't lower execution scores if a team is already losing those points as deductions. So if they have a stunt fall and a couple bobbles that get deductions, they won't also lower the stunting execution score. I believe it is Varsity events that do this, I think someone mentioned somewhere on here that Jam Brands does not and will "double dip".

Not disagreeing with you, but often times judges won't lower execution scores if a team is already losing those points as deductions. So if they have a stunt fall and a couple bobbles that get deductions, they won't also lower the stunting execution score. I believe it is Varsity events that do this, I think someone mentioned somewhere on here that Jam Brands does not and will "double dip".

I was going to comment and say the same thing. It varies by EP, but I don't believe Varsity will ding you with a deduction and a lower execution score.

I think the name "raw" score is part of the problem. In other sports raw score implies that it's the best that routine will do based on a standard set of points...like a raw score in diving or gymnastics is the total point value that dive/routine would be worth if they hit it.

That's so NOT what a raw score is in allstar cheerleading. We don't have a code of points. It's all subjective and it's subjective on a daily basis.

Oh my gosh yes. Thiiiiiiis. It took me forever to figure out that raw score in cheer does NOT mean raw score in any way. It should, but I guess that's dreaming too big.

Back