All-Star Unified Scoresheet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

While I love having a unified scoresheet, I would have loved it even more if technique would be rewarded a LOT more than it is on this scoresheet!

It says at the top of the scoresheet that creativity only goes from 4-5...so in a sense it is being rewarded no more than technique is.

I think we will have to wait until the rubric comes out before we really know the ins and outs.

A long time coming, but so glad it is finally here! Loving that creativity has its own score! I think there are very few competitions that are not Varsity or Jam affiliated, so I think this will cover nearly all competitions. I thought that I heard that Worlds would use this scoresheet as well - can someone confirm that?

True but there's also this whole group named IEP and none of them are Varsity or Jambrands. We compete with some of them and they're popular USASF event companies. I'd like to see them included.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It says at the top of the scoresheet that creativity only goes from 4-5...so in a sense it is being rewarded no more than technique is.

I think we will have to wait until the rubric comes out before we really know the ins and outs.

Hmmm, why in the world would they say creativity is out of 5 points but then only allow the judges to score between 4 and 5?? That's odd...

My school district wasn't allowed to give lower than a 60 on report cards. So you could do no work at all at still get a 60. Similar idea, I guess.

Well what would constitute a zero in creativity? Someone had to choreograph the section, even if it was just a straight up heel stretch with a double down. It's not very creative, no, but is it really worth of a 0? I guess I can see it.

Well what would constitute a zero in creativity? Someone had to choreograph the section, even if it was just a straight up heel stretch with a double down. It's not very creative, no, but is it really worth of a 0? I guess I can see it.
I'm gonna say using that routine with the spirit fingers from Bring it On.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I agree. At some point someone had to come up with the choreography and counts, whereas some teams can have VERY LITTLE technique that I could see would constitute a 0.2 or something along those lines. Also I think just the way it works to add up to 100. If they only made creativity out of 1 point the other 4 pts would have to go somewhere, would we rather another section be weighted out of more points than it already is? At least it will be easy to see every level be out of the same 100 instead of different point grids for each level/percent of perfection, etc.

So creativity isn't really weighted more than technique, you just get an automatic 4 points for showing up even if you don't do anything. I'm glad it's not weighted more than technique!

If jamfest and varsity are working together to make a unified score sheet, do you think you can get a bid to the Summit anywhere?

Back