All-Star Unified Scoresheet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If all Levels are scored out of 100, how will this affect Grand Champions being declared (for competitions that have Grand Champs)? Does this mean a Level 2 team that hits and scores 98.5 would be Grand Champs over a Level 5 Worlds team that has crazy difficulty and scores 98.3 that day?

If all Levels are scored out of 100, how will this affect Grand Champions being declared (for competitions that have Grand Champs)? Does this mean a Level 2 team that hits and scores 98.5 would be Grand Champs over a Level 5 Worlds team that has crazy difficulty and scores 98.3 that day?

Yes I would think so. I was at a comp and a junior 2 got grand champs because of perfection score. Runner up was a senior 3. So it is already going on at comps where lower levels can beat out higher ones for grand champs. But usually they do grandchamp a by levels if the comp is big enough

I've only seen it at small comps though where this is only like 1 or 2 in each division. they give out bids like that for the summit (I think) and also platinum bids for us finals like that. It's by perfection score

Grand champs are by perfection score anyway, so it won't change anything.

I don't like that stunts/pyramids are worth more than tumbling. One day the industry will realize that tumbling pays the bills. Also, perfecting tumbling takes so much more time than stunts. I just wish they were both equal.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

True, my guess would be because stunts is where the creativity comes into play. Stunt difficulty/technique and tumbling difficulty/technique are weighted the same.

Yes I would think so. I was at a comp and a junior 2 got grand champs because of perfection score. Runner up was a senior 3. So it is already going on at comps where lower levels can beat out higher ones for grand champs. But usually they do grandchamp a by levels if the comp is big enough
oops wrong person sorry! ignore this :)

The current jam scoring range was 7-10 for technique, you get a 7 just for showing up, so they probably had some influence in that.

ImageUploadedByFierce Board1403037897.567506.jpg

This is like the twilight zone. Common sense is making it's way into cheer scoring..... You mean using the worlds scoresheet at worlds bid events!?!? Stop the madness!

Anyone seen the changes announced today? It seems to me that Varsity is making it easier to max out at their events by using different grids. I thought the purpose of a unified score sheet was to have consistent expectations between comps?

before there were updates made, the Q&A part had said something about your coed stunt counting as your quantity stunt. I have a level 4 team of 20 with 3 males and i know that on varsity we now only need to put up 5 stunts to max out. Can anyone answer for me whether or not the coed stunt will count on jambrands as your quantity still like it said it would before?

Back