All-Star Unified Scoring System Now Available

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 16, 2010
Varsity All Star and The JAM Brands have worked together to create a Unified Scoring System that will be used across all of our events in 2014-2015. Having the ability for a team to compete on one system will greatly support the owners, coaches, choreographers and athletes next season. Supplemental documents, scoring clarifications, and details about training classes that will be held this summer at our respective company conferences and USASF Regional Meetings will be available in the near future.

Unified Score Sheet

Varsity All Star and The JAM Brands have worked together to create a Unified Scoring System that will be used across all of our events in 2014-2015. Having the ability for a team to compete on one system will greatly support the owners, coaches, choreographers and athletes next season. Supplemental documents, scoring clarifications, and details about training classes that will be held this summer at our respective company conferences and USASF Regional Meetings will be available in the near future.

Unified Score Sheet

Asking about level 6 tosses too soon?

Unified Score Sheet
I am sure this has been addressed somewhere else, but wanted to double check: A team that throws 75% standing tumbling scores the same as a team that throws 100% standing tumbling? This does not effect the score in anyway? Thanks

I know I'm out of the loop, and have no dog in the fight anymore since my daughter stopped cheering.

But this is a pretty big deal, and good on Varsity and JAM Brands for collaborating on this.

Unified Score Sheet

Question.....I want to make sure I'm reading the running tumbling rubric correctly. So does this mean that a L5 team that has 75% specialty to fulls in running tumbling will score in the high range and a team with 75% straight doubles will score in the mid range?

Or does "Level Appropriate" for L5 mean any skill that cannot be performed in the R5 division (i.e. doubles).

I am sure this has been addressed somewhere else, but wanted to double check: A team that throws 75% standing tumbling scores the same as a team that throws 100% standing tumbling? This does not effect the score in anyway? Thanks
That is correct. 75% = 100% in terms of squad participation.

Question.....I want to make sure I'm reading the running tumbling rubric correctly. So does this mean that a L5 team that has 75% specialty to fulls in running tumbling will score in the high range and a team with 75% straight doubles will score in the mid range?

Or does "Level Appropriate" for L5 mean any skill that cannot be performed in the R5 division (i.e. doubles).

Can you forward this question to me via email? I'm collecting things to review (like your good point) and will email everyone back next week. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

Asking about level 6 tosses too soon?

Whatevah, 6 tuck tosses with no front spots technically fulfills the requirement.

It's also interesting because the Varsity scoresheet used to favor quantity over quality for the coed section - get as many coed stunts as you can in the air, regardless of what skill you're doing. Now you have to do unassisted one leg stunts to max out, BUT you only need 7 for a team with 15 guys.

Also, all girl teams have to do a quantity section, forcing them to do a section with less than 3 girls under the stunts. That's interesting, but I'm not sure where the benefit of making them do that is. Now they'll do a section with two libs double based, so they get 7 stunts in the air instead of 6 for a team of 24. But they could have spent that section actually doing level appropriate skills if they could get away with just doing 6 stunts.

Last edited:
so Varsity and JAM created the scoresheet for the governing body? I am assuming USASF will support this? The process just seems all kind of backwards to me, but I am happy that the majority of the industry will use one scoresheet.

75% just gets you INTO the high range though, right? A squad giving you 100% would get "higher" in the range, yes??
I heard you get the same. It confuses me. That is exactly what I was trying to ask. Thanks!

75% just gets you INTO the high range though, right? A squad giving you 100% would get "higher" in the range, yes??
This is a huge question. If 75% tumbling will get you the same exact score as 100% tumbling, that leaves LOT more wiggle room when determining the make up of a team. Especially for small gyms who have ridiculous bases or flyers who don't necessarily tumble level 5. My other question is... If they don't have full team tumbling, will it hit teams on other parts of the score sheet?

This is a huge question. If 75% tumbling will get you the same exact score as 100% tumbling, that leaves LOT more wiggle room when determining the make up of a team. Especially for small gyms who have ridiculous bases or flyers who don't necessarily tumble level 5. My other question is... If they don't have full team tumbling, will it hit teams on other parts of the score sheet?

My question would be if 75% gets the exact same score as 100% then why the range? Why 8.5-9.0? Why not just a straight 9.0??

Back