Uniform Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

LJB

Nov 14, 2012
Hi All,

My 7 year old daughter is new to cheer. She just got her uniform and immediately started pulling at the spankies because they were riding up. The spankies are built into the skirt. I'm having a hard time getting through to her that you do not "adjust" your uniform during a performance. Any tips? Is there a certain type of underwear she should wear? Any tips on keeping her top down? It's a full length top but it begins to ride up as she does her tumbling. She doesn't need a bigger size in the top or the bottom. We've tried on the next size up and both are too large. Any help would be appreciated.

^^^Same idea, but a leo or sleeveless leo the same color as her uniform to wear under her top to keep her top half covered. That may make her feel better about her stomach being covered or at least it may prevent her from always pulling at it because it will always feel covered.

Part of it may also getting used to it. My CP hated spankies the first year (and she is very particular about how things fit and feel). Being built into the skirt make this a little harder but maybe giving her some wear time at home (supervised so no dangae to the uniform) when she is not cheering may help in getting her used to the spankies :)

Back