High School Uniform Trends And Problems

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What I love in my high school cheer uniform is how comfortable and simple it is! Sometimes when you see team trying too hard with rhinestones or glitter it just looks bad in the high school stage. Less is more!
What I don't like about my all star uniform is the mesh on the arms with rhinestones on it. Yes, it looks pretty but when you take it off after stunting you have scratches all the way up your arm from the rhinestones. It also rips easily and maybe that's a brand thing (I don't have a rebel uniform).

Amen! My old all star uniform at the time was gorgeous but it was so uncomfortable to wear. At competitions I would come half dressed with my skirt and sports bra and my top in my cheer bag. Like I was not about to put it on until I had to. I loved that uniform but it was uncomfortable.

Im looking at options for new uniforms. I saw these "dress" uniforms and I love them. They are more geared towards pom and dance but a few Ive seen looks just like a Traditional cheer uniform. Have any of you seen them? what are your thoughts on these type of uniforms for school cheer? I coach middle school, so my girls cheer basketball games and go to 5 or less cheer comps.

Im looking at options for new uniforms. I saw these "dress" uniforms and I love them. They are more geared towards pom and dance but a few Ive seen looks just like a Traditional cheer uniform. Have any of you seen them? what are your thoughts on these type of uniforms for school cheer? I coach middle school, so my girls cheer basketball games and go to 5 or less cheer comps.
I personally think it looks weird when someone pulls a stretch in a jersey and their spankies show, it makes them look more like underwear.

I think my old school has those. They look like normal uniforms but it's one piece. The only problem I could see is a person with a long torso having an extremely short "skirt" essentially.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Sounds like one of my uniforms in high school. It wasn't a dress, it was more of a one piece. We hated them! A few issues. Boy shorts were built in, if the length didn't match your torso perfectly it was a permanent wedgie. If you needed to use the restroom the whole thing had to be unzipped and brought down. It also made alterations really difficult and expensive! Ours were school owned and used year after year. I always found it gross that they were passed down with the boy shorts attached. We wore bloomers, but still bothered me. If the girls won't own them I don't recommend them at all. Too hard to match sizing. Mine fit everywhere but length and I'm a short person! It's an odd feeling to have to walk around all day squished into something that is too short for your torso.

My biggest issue with uniforms are bright sparkly spankies under a skirt. I have royal blue mystic ones under a black skirt and all you see is blue the whole routine!
I agree! My cps have a light grey uniform that has red, black, and white on it. Their spankies are sparkly red. I guess they have always worn red sparkly spankies. Ugh. Black would work just fine.

I am making all the bows though and they are getting red glitter bows to wear with that light grey uniform (with the red sparkly spankies underneath).

Our previous uniform (University cheer force) was a white uniform with green sparkle spanks & a matching green sparkle now. New white subliminated uniforms just have dark blue spanks

My biggest issue with uniforms are bright sparkly spankies under a skirt. I have royal blue mystic ones under a black skirt and all you see is blue the whole routine!

When I started coaching at my current place, the FIRST thing I did was got rid of the metallic gold bloomers, such an awful idea on all levels.

Back