All-Star Uniform Trends/problems

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That's who does ours as well :) we've used her for 2 years now and never had a sizing issue. I measure all our athletes and send them to her. Our design is a little complicated so the uni is £100, but that's far off the USA prices. I know she designs and supplied gyms in America, so you guys should hit her up. I can't say enough nice things about her and her company. Let me know if any of you want contact details.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
if you could PM me the contact details i would be ever grateful! :D

I think unis like CA Panthers/Cheetahs and Jersey All Stars are PERFECT. They're athletic and they're still fashionable. They look the same on every athlete (ie. weird straps/cutouts can vary and look odd on all different body types), they cover everything & would look fine in a full top. You can wear a real sportsbra with them and don't have to worry about mesh tears or falling out of your uni. If I were ever to design a uniform, this is the direction I would go in.

Agreed 100%! Love the athletic look of all of theses! Who makes Jersey's sublimated uniforms? I adore those and they look comfy AND fantastic on the floor. @njcoach

Agreed 100%! Love the athletic look of all of theses! Who makes Jersey's sublimated uniforms? I adore those and they look comfy AND fantastic on the floor. @njcoach

Our uniforms are Varsity

For those with rhinestone or other uniform bit scratching issues, you should try this stuff. Distance runners use it. I have never had it stain my clothing or anything and it really helps. I put it around my bra strap area, etc. Bodyglide For Her Anti-Chafing Stick | drugstore.com
I've used that stuff when I'm breaking in new shoes or wearing shoes for hours (like at camp) to avoid getting blisters. I've never thought to use it around under my bra straps. That's a good idea. I just have the normal stuff though, not female specific kind, but I'm sure it's virtually the same.

For those with rhinestone or other uniform bit scratching issues, you should try this stuff. Distance runners use it. I have never had it stain my clothing or anything and it really helps. I put it around my bra strap area, etc. Bodyglide For Her Anti-Chafing Stick | drugstore.com
CP used it for her uniform sports bra bc it was so snug. She wasn't comfortable if she didn't use it. I would say it really helped with that, but haven't tried it for the rhinestones yet.

I've used that stuff when I'm breaking in new shoes or wearing shoes for hours (like at camp) to avoid getting blisters. I've never thought to use it around under my bra straps. That's a good idea. I just have the normal stuff though, not female specific kind, but I'm sure it's virtually the same.

They are identical. I actually have the one with the blue cap right now. I buy whichever one is on special at Running Expo's.

CP13 has two uniforms. One has a mesh sleeve with stones and it's the only thing that continuously produces complaints. She's a backspot on that team and her arm is covered in bright red scratches after every competition. I've put my hand in it flipping it inside out to wash and it's like sandpaper in there.

The other has stones but not on mesh, just regular fabric. It's actually our favorite uniform in the entire program, I just love it and so does she (it's the one in my new avi <----

However I will say both have to be worn with a strapless/bandeau bra. Gratefully for her, she has little to speak of so that's okay but I don't even like wearing one of those with my clothes...they just don't stay where they should...so I can't imagine competing a lv5 routine in one, especially if you're "gifted."

That being said, can we talk about guy uniforms? No one talks about them really and you know why??

They don't have crazy cutouts. They don't have mesh and stones. They cover everything appropriately (nothing hanging out). The full length tops always have plenty of length. And the programs that do it RIGHT make them match the girls uniforms perfectly....without all that nonsense. Why can't we just use the same approach to girls uniforms and be done because it's very clear to me there's a whole different philosophy behind guys (make them athletic and functional) and girls (make them sexy and "eye catching"). The guys philosophy works with little to no issue. The girls philosophy spawns pages upon pages of discussion.

As for parent input, there's another foreign concept. In our cheer life we've bought 10 uniforms in 8 years (4 this season alone). I've never once been asked my opinion. That's another philosophical thing that just doesn't happen. The reveal happens for us and the kids along with everyone else. I just go with the flow because it's all I've ever known but if you stop and think about it, that's a lot of money to dish out to have zero input or information.

So I just hold my breath and hope that my $300 is going to come out amazing rather than Ill-fitting or not functional. Gratefully the new uniform we've got coming in the next two weeks is for my son so I'm excited and not worried a bit. (See previous discussion on gender philosophy) But it doesn't change the fact I paid $300 and still have zero idea what it looks like.

That being said I can't wait to see them :)

Knee highs with the feet cut off works miracles under unis with mesh stoned arms!

Knee highs with the feet cut off works miracles under unis with mesh stoned arms!

With all due respect, parents should not be given an opinion when it comes to uniforms or anything that represents the gym. I've been an athlete in someone elses gym (still am) and would never expect myself or my parents (when I was young) to be given an opinion. Now, as a gym owner, I would NEVER ask for parent opinions. If you ran a gym you would quickly see that that does NOT work. ALSO, as the gym owner you have invested YOUR time and money into creating YOUR legacy and your vision! It is the gym owner and the gym owner only's decision on anything that represents your gym/brand!

With all due respect, parents should not be given an opinion when it comes to uniforms or anything that represents the gym. I've been an athlete in someone elses gym (still am) and would never expect myself or my parents (when I was young) to be given an opinion. Now, as a gym owner, I would NEVER ask for parent opinions. If you ran a gym you would quickly see that that does NOT work. ALSO, as the gym owner you have invested YOUR time and money into creating YOUR legacy and your vision! It is the gym owner and the gym owner only's decision on anything that represents your gym/brand!
Our gym owners have absolutely asked for parent/athlete input before and it's worked out very well. They may not TAKE everyone's opinion but if a vast majority have the same input they have been known to rethink a decision.
That's like saying that business owners shouldn't do market research but do what they want with no regard to the market's desires.

Our gym owners have absolutely asked for parent/athlete input before and it's worked out very well. They may not TAKE everyone's opinion but if a vast majority have the same input they have been known to rethink a decision.
That's like saying that business owners shouldn't do market research but do what they want with no regard to the market's desires.

Businesses yes, do MARKET research. No (or very few) businesses go "Hey customers, what do you think our staff room floor plan should be?!" (something that does not relate to the personnel asked... just like parents being asked RE: what their child wears while representing someone elses brand). There would be too many opinions, and in the end the business owner is going to do what they like best and what best represents their business!

If a parent leaves my gym because they don't like a t-shirt design that I have created, I will hold the door open for you. Please note, that is an extreme example because no one would leave a gym because of a t-shirt design which IS my point. I will choose the style, colors, etc. of MY gym because it is my creation, my vision and MY legacy!

Wow. Where to even start with this...

Side note first: I'm so confused as to what on earth this has to do with knee highs under mesh sleeves??? (The post you quoted as your jumping off point)

But anyway...interesting business plan. "My customers' opinions mean nothing to me!" :rolleyes:

So, parents saying "Ugh. Mesh sleeves are awful - they rip very easily and there is no way to get 2 seasons out of them" is not useful information to you? No, parents should not be telling you how your logo should look or what your colors should be. But when you say gym owners have invested their own time and money into their business, you may want to remember that you've also invested MY time and money into it as well. I wouldn't leave because of a T-shirt design, but I would most certainly leave because of an owner thinking I should just blindly spend thousands of dollars on their dream.

Again, not saying the parents should design uniforms. Just saying opinions about them could be useful, and something you (as someone who is neither paying for nor wearing it) may not have thought of.

But this does help explain why there are so many disastrous uniforms running around - we always ask "Why didn't anyone stop this before it made it to the mat?" I guess it's because when someone tried to say "that's a disaster", they were told to shut up and write their checks. :rolleyes:

Wow. Where to even start with this...

Side note first: I'm so confused as to what on earth this has to do with knee highs under mesh sleeves??? (The post you quoted as your jumping off point)

But anyway...interesting business plan. "My customers' opinions mean nothing to me!" :rolleyes:

So, parents saying "Ugh. Mesh sleeves are awful - they rip very easily and there is no way to get 2 seasons out of them" is not useful information to you? No, parents should not be telling you how your logo should look or what your colors should be. But when you say gym owners have invested their own time and money into their business, you may want to remember that you've also invested MY time and money into it as well. I wouldn't leave because of a T-shirt design, but I would most certainly leave because of an owner thinking I should just blindly spend thousands of dollars on their dream.

Again, not saying the parents should design uniforms. Just saying opinions about them could be useful, and something you (as someone who is neither paying for nor wearing it) may not have thought of.

But this does help explain why there are so many disastrous uniforms running around - we always ask "Why didn't anyone stop this before it made it to the mat?" I guess it's because when someone tried to say "that's a disaster", they were told to shut up and write their checks. :rolleyes:

I think she meant to quote 12step's post.

Back