High School Uniforms To School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 29, 2011
How do your squads dress to school before a game?

Does anyone have white uniforms? Do your girls wear those to school, if so do they have to cover up at lunch or anything?

We have beautiful white uniforms but I have never been entirely comfortable with the girls wearing them to school, although they ask non-stop.

Thanks!

It was controversial for us because technically our uniforms didn't comply with dress code. However, the girls were allowed to wear them after a fight. If they were white uniforms I would probably only allow them to wear them to school for pep rallies, or maybe a big rival game.

Last edited:
We wear uniforms for game days (if it's the middle of the winter then warm ups). We also have white uniforms. Most will wear their warm up jacket to lunch. Knock on wood we haven't had major incidents yet.

It was controversial for us because technically our uniforms didn't comply with dress code. However, the girls were allowed to wear them after a fight. If they were white uniforms I would probably only allow them to wear them to school for pep rallies, or maybe a big rival game.
Our white ones are very borderline when it comes to dress code because one of the shoulders only has one strap. So I'm definitely concerned about that as well.

We wear ours to school but use our older uniforms because of such things happening, one girl ripped a brand new uniform last year getting caught on a door lol, and various "incidents" through the season. We change before games to our standard uniforms to cheer. Except on retro nights when we keep the older ones on. All ours are very dress code controversial, however lately nobody has brough it up. What does your school harp on for dress code issues. Ours has was pretty strict on the smallest issue but like i said for some reason they havn't bugged us too much since last fall.

Our white ones are very borderline when it comes to dress code because one of the shoulders only has one strap. So I'm definitely concerned about that as well.
Our school district requires all skirts to be at least finger tip length, most of ours weren't. So every single week the same evil old spinster sent our girls to the dean, just so he can send them right back to class.:banghead:

Do you all have to get AD approval for new uniforms? We do. Our AD would never let us get something that doesn't fit in the dress code.

Yeah, we have the fingertip rule but it's not closely monitored. I check at uniform fittings for fingertips and we generally meet the requirement or are just shy.
Nope, our uniforms received about 8 years worth of washing so they shrunk quite a bit. And we had a couple of teachers who weresticklers, it's not in the athletic budget for new uniforms so we had to deal. The skirt was pleated so it made it made it look a little shorter but all of girls fit the uniform and never looked inappropriate.

Nope, our uniforms received about 8 years worth of washing so they shrunk quite a bit. And we had a couple of teachers who weresticklers, it's not in the athletic budget for new uniforms so we had to deal. The skirt was pleated so it made it made it look a little shorter but all of girls fit the uniform and never looked inappropriate.
Ugh, there are always those teachers aren't there. Sorry, that really sucks.

I actually coach for the high school I cheered for and when I first started we were not allowed to wear uniforms to school unless we wore warmup pants underneath. Our uniforms were a one piece (I've never heard of anyone else having these- there was a band in the middle that you had to tuck under the vest so it looked like two pieces? But it never stayed in place for longer than 5 minutes) and full pleats. My sophomore year varsity got new uniforms and somehow those were long enough to pass dress code. I am always hyper aware when fitting girls for uniforms, always getting the extra inches for taller girls because I remember what a nightmare it was when I cheered.

Our athletic director actually loved the design for our uniforms with the shoulder strap, but didn't say anything about school wear. Of course sports like volleyball and swimming can't wear their uniforms to school so I'm sure he wasn't thinking about that when he approved them. The school says straps need to be 2inches and the uniform strap is 1 at best.

We wear ours to school but use our older uniforms because of such things happening, one girl ripped a brand new uniform last year getting caught on a door lol, and various "incidents" through the season. We change before games to our standard uniforms to cheer. Except on retro nights when we keep the older ones on. All ours are very dress code controversial, however lately nobody has brough it up. What does your school harp on for dress code issues. Ours has was pretty strict on the smallest issue but like i said for some reason they havn't bugged us too much since last fall.
I love the idea of retro night! We tried to do that for our homecoming pep rally one year but couldn't find enough to fit each varsity girl :(

Back