High School Uniforms To School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

our school tends to hassle us more about the shells than the skirts, which are short but passable for most dress codes id say. Lately they've been pretty lax it but there always some teachers who "remind" us of dress code.

That would scare me so badly. I love white uniforms, but my anxious mind can't help but envision a tomato sauce food fight at lunch or something... like a scene out of Even Stevens or Cheaper by the Dozen.
It's nothing to worry about if you don't have a lunch like me!

our school tends to hassle us more about the shells than the skirts, which are short but passable for most dress codes id say. Lately they've been pretty lax it but there always some teachers who "remind" us of dress code.

Yeah ours too..bra straps?

My cp's team wears matching jerseys that say South Varsity Cheerleader. Not football mesh type jerseys, but nice thick cotton ones with glitter print. Think they came from Varsity. They will wear Nike running shorts with them and their bows. Just so they look like a team. I think the girls are fine with it. It's probably more comfortable than the uniforms anyways.

I was always just reallllly careful about eating in anything I had to keep clean. For rec cheer, our director was a stickler about us putting a t shirt or our dark green pullovers over our uniforms. The schools I've attended either did white uniforms for home games and dark/other color uniform for away games if they had two uniforms. Sports like swimming, ski team, gymnastics, etc. always just dressed up. Some teams wore their tops and a thermal long sleeve under or their warm ups if it was cold. A couple teams did t shirts/spirit jerseys/rugby type shirts so they didn't have to wear uniforms to school for every game. For the most part, I think everything was optional to purchase but one school I went to had a stock of old warm ups that were lent out every season but they definitely looked dated, not sure if they use them anymore. No one really got in trouble for dress code if it was a sports uniform because it was provided by the school in the first place so if they let cheer order one shoulder tops and there's a rule against it for normal clothes, they can't really say anything about it.

Yeah ours too..bra straps?

no, although they certainly show from time to time. Really our shells are fine when worn with the solid color full coverage bodyliner, but whenever we wear them without anything under or the matching crop liner it shows some midriff as soon as we move. Really for me its just sitting in class my shells always leave my back showing a little bit so i just use my warm up jacket to cover my waist if its a strict teacher.

We have white uniforms, but we don't wear them to school. We have super cute navy football jerseys, with silver glitter lettering and wear our bows with them on game days. Has our school name on the front, with the cheerleader's year of grad as her "number" and their name on the back. That way, once they have it, they keep it for the whole 4 years...
That way, I'm not losing it over dirty uniforms and they can pair it with shorts or pants, depending on the weather. The whole school LOVES them, but the cheer team are the only ones with them ;)

We have white uniforms and I don't trust my girls not to get various condiments on them, so we opt for cheer t-shirts and jeans with bows on game days.

We've only played four games but the uniforms have stood up thus far. Hopefully we can get another year out of them!

Both our cheer and drill teams at my school wear uniforms on game/assembly days. We used to have white unis in the past 2 years, and there wasn't any major problem. However we usually jazz each week up a bit. For example: for away or smaller games, the girls wear our custom jerseys with uni skirts, or team jacket with leggings, or warm ups or sweatshirts. For big home games, rival games or assemblies, we just wear our normal uniform. I love getting to wear my uniform to school because it makes me mentally prepare that it's game day, and it also helps remind the students that there's the game as well.
Ps: we wear unis for basketball games in the winter as well.

How do your squads dress to school before a game?

Does anyone have white uniforms? Do your girls wear those to school, if so do they have to cover up at lunch or anything?

We have beautiful white uniforms but I have never been entirely comfortable with the girls wearing them to school, although they ask non-stop.

Thanks!
We wear just a shell and black yoga pants since we don't have warm up yet for this season.

Back