All-Star Universal Scoresheet Props To The Usasf

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
I have not seen the scoresheet yet, but I can tell you something I have not seen before in cheer. A well laid out plan that is a few years in advance that has a legit timeline and expectations and plan in place. Normally these things pop out of nowhere and people get pissy (coaches registration anyone?). But this I can actually see working and get behind. And if it is done right it could move to other types of cheer as well (yay my hope).

I saw CheerUpdates posted a picture with some of the info.

When they say they'll test at some EP events, will they be made clear in advance? I wouldn't want to choreograph for the Jam scoresheet and then find out they're using the universal one.

When they say they'll test at some EP events, will they be made clear in advance? I wouldn't want to choreograph for the Jam scoresheet and then find out they're using the universal one.
It sounds like they'd still score for placements using JAM (or varsity or whatever) but also score using the new universal scoresheet.

It sounds like they'd still score for placements using JAM (or varsity or whatever) but also score using the new universal scoresheet.

You won't know they are testing it.

So this is huge for quite a few reasons.

1. It allows EPs to just be EPs. Or Event Producers! Scoring and legality (the part that is the sport) will be handed off to others and be the same everywhere. Kinda like how if you go play a tournament in another sport it is the same sport where ever you go. So the events that put on the best pageantry and best logistics (things EPs are good at and want to focus on)

2. No more changing routines for each competition. Sounds like (via wording) the scoresheet is up for use by everyone but is not required. Brilliant way to do it because if the scoresheet is optional and adopted by all these events then the outliers who were not made to go to it will eventually switch anyway. Once something is universal people will complain when they have to switch their routine for special competitions.

3. Will allow the sport to grow faster! I think individual events like CL and Majors can pop up because they can offer something different in the production itself, but the cheer is the same everywhere.

The email made me very happy: actual transparency with intent and application!!

Bravo!

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

So does this mean that competitive cheer is one step closer to being a sport?......

Or is it already sort of considered a sport because SportAccord picked up the National Cheerleading Association?

So does this mean that competitive cheer is one step closer to being a sport?......

Or is it already sort of considered a sport because SportAccord picked up the National Cheerleading Association?

Being considered a sport really only means anything in schools, particularly college. The USASF implementing a universal scoresheet won't affect the NCAA's position on the matter.

Being considered a sport really only means anything in schools, particularly college. The USASF implementing a universal scoresheet won't affect the NCAA's position on the matter.

True. I read somewhere that if competitive cheer got a universal scoresheet; it stood more of a chance of becoming a sport.

True. I read somewhere that if competitive cheer got a universal scoresheet; it stood more of a chance of becoming a sport.

It is a step. One of many in a long chain where at the end it helps. But this individual piece itself doesn't change anything.

I really hope that the universal scoresheet will spread around the globe.
Does anyone know if ICU will use it, too?

Back