All-Star University Of Alabama Cheerleaders Not Getting Champion Rings Because Cheerleading Is Not A Sport

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After all the discussion of the potential remedies for this situation & the information which follows was posted recently.

Inside Cheerleading Magazine

Hey guys, it's Ryan! Last night we had our RING CEREMONY!! Our rings are absolutely perfect and I couldn't have asked for more :)This ring means so much more to me than anyone will ever know. Looking at it reminds me of all of the time, hard work, sweat, and tears that we put in to this year! I will never be able to forget this moment, but thank God I now have this beautiful shiny rock on my hand to help:) ROLL TIDE!

Now what do you think was the final result? Ryan?

I think they got a different font for the A and paid on their own.

It's BS. When I went to the University of Miami, I was Sebastian the Ibis (the mascot). The difference in treatment between the players and the cheer/mascot group is disgusting. Today, as an alumni, I don't even get any kind of special treatment to puchase tickets to go watch the very team that for 3 years I led out of the tunnel every game. It's rather disappointing. Not only that, I also did the basketball and baseball season, and no scholarship opportunities. Luckily, I was already there on an academic scholarship. I don't regret having done it, because it was an incredible experience, but when we won the national championship in 1991 there was no ring for the mascot or the cheerleaders either, unless they wanted to pay for it and then it was the "consumer" version.

Pretty sad and pathetic that in today's day and age this stuff is still happening. Every college in America should offer scholarships for cheer at the very least. Would it REALLY hurt their bottom line when they're charging everyone $30K per year to give 20-30 scholarships?!?

So a Louisville cheerleader nearly costs his basketball team a game and Coach Pitino supports the squad. Alabama cheer team wins a national title, and Coach Saban won't stand up for them. Go to H*ll Saban and remember 28-27 War Damn Eagle!

So a Louisville cheerleader nearly costs his basketball team a game and Coach Pitino supports the squad. Alabama cheer team wins a national title, and Coach Saban won't stand up for them. Go to H*ll Saban and remember 28-27 War Damn Eagle!

Saban has NOTHING to do with our cheerleaders-- and I mean nothing. He is the FOOTBALL coach.... This has to do with our athletic director, Mal Moore.

Saban has NOTHING to do with our cheerleaders-- and I mean nothing. He is the FOOTBALL coach.... This has to do with our athletic director, Mal Moore.

What the PP was getting at was that Saban could have at least spoken up and said "the football program congratulates the cheerleaders on their national championship". This type of support certainly won't change the ADs mind on the purchase/logo use of the rings, but it does speak to supporting the University as a whole.

The difference in treatment between the players and the cheer/mascot group is disgusting. Today, as an alumni, I don't even get any kind of special treatment to puchase tickets to go watch the very team that for 3 years I led out of the tunnel every game. It's rather disappointing.

YES! At alumni game watch when people find out that I was a cheerleader they wonder why I'm not at the games, as if we get lifetime field passes! I led that football team out of the tunnel every home game for 4 years, and I can't even get a parking pass.

Sorry to disagree with you. If Saban wanted the cheer team to have rings with the Bama "A" on it and an ice cream party on th 50 yard line of Bryant-Denney Stadium, Mal Moore would scoop the ice cream himself.

Sorry to disagree with you. If Saban wanted the cheer team to have rings with the Bama "A" on it and an ice cream party on th 50 yard line of Bryant-Denney Stadium, Mal Moore would scoop the ice cream himself.

I gotta agree. I am sure people were close to skewering the U of L cheerleader, but Pitino made light of it and people moved on. Signature coaches have a LOT of control over their athletic department.

I agree that if other coaches at UA would have stood up and voiced their support of the cheerleaders then the school would 9 times out of 1o have changed their view of things. Those other coaches draw a lot of attention to the University so for them to stand up against the AD decision would bring negative attention that the school would probably try to avoid. Sure there was negative attention already but can you imagine if the Football coach would have been on the side of the cheerleaders.

Rick Pitino showed that he truly does support the cheerleaders and appreciate what they do even going as far to call the guy on the phone, had he not have done that I am sure that situation would have played out differently as well. It is sad to see Universities that do not support each other within the University. Those cheerleaders support the players on the football and basketball team, but where was the support from them when they needed it?

@socratesofcheer @kingston @ztaprincess We could go around the what if bush all day and say if so and so (Saban, Grant, Alumni, etc, etc) would've just supported the cheerleaders something would have changed and they would have gotten their rings with the real logo on it.... Bottom line is it was Mal Moore's call and he called against it.

So nice.. Very classy telling a coach to "go to h*ll" and remember 13>2.

Latest posts

Back