All-Star Unrecognized Talent (#shouldbecheerlebritystatus)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To me a "cheerlebrity" is someone who is instantly recognizable by face or name, but that doesn't mean that I always think those people are deserving of their recognizability(not a word but w.e) or their "fame"

Since this thread has about run it's life, I would like to ask you a question? Do you get dizzy sitting on that lofty throne of judgement you place yourself on while critiquing others from the anonymity of your keyboard? Tell you what, how about posting some video of YOUR talent so we can all judge you and your credibility to pass judgement on others? You do claim to cheer do you not? I think it would be an interesting exercise. How about starting one?

Since this thread has about run it's life, I would like to ask you a question? Do you get dizzy sitting on that lofty throne of judgement you place yourself on while critiquing others from the anonymity of your keyboard? Tell you what, how about posting some video of YOUR talent so we can all judge you and your credibility to pass judgement on others? You do claim to cheer do you not? I think it would be an interesting exercise. How about starting one?

Once again, defensive. I have said multiple times that at this moment, I don't cheer, but I don't care to discuss why publicly, and if you'd like to know you can private message me, it's not something I'm entirely comfortable sharing with the world, but it doesn't mean that I don't know anything about the sport, or the people in it, and can't make critiques from a somewhat educated stand point. At one point, I was capable of what the people I critique are doing, right now, there are some setbacks, but some of the best coaches of any sport I know never did the sport, and if they had ever tried would have failed. I'd also like to remind you that just because you have a talented daughter does not in any way make your point anymore valid like you seem to think it does.

Once again, defensive. I have said multiple times that at this moment, I don't cheer, but I don't care to discuss why publicly, and if you'd like to know you can private message me, it's not something I'm entirely comfortable sharing with the world, but it doesn't mean that I don't know anything about the sport, or the people in it, and can't make critiques from a somewhat educated stand point. At one point, I was capable of what the people I critique are doing, right now, there are some setbacks, but some of the best coaches of any sport I know never did the sport, and if they had ever tried would have failed. I'd also like to remind you that just because you have a talented daughter does not in any way make your point anymore valid like you seem to think it does.

Yeah, I just tire of your constant criticism of my kid, her team and gym. Defensive is about all one has when responding to your posting because it is always offensive when one is the object of your negative critiques. This is about what I expected. Valid, I'll let other's judge, I'm sure others will defend your posting depending on their pov. But I suspect more than me are tired of your act, especially if they happen to in line of your fire.

Yeah, I just tire of your constant criticism of my kid, her team and gym. Defensive is about all one has when responding to your posting because it is always offensive when one is the object of your negative critiques. This is about what I expected. Valid, I'll let other's judge, I'm sure others will defend your posting depending on their pov. But I suspect more than me are tired of your act, especially if they happen to in line of your fire.

Not ONCE in this thread did I attack you, your daughter, CEA, or actually anyone in general. I can understand you going on the defensive then, but when did I ever say anything about anyone specifically? My comment about that show was more directed to the show. My understanding of the show was that it was a show based around those athletes, and I find the whole "cheerlebrity" obsession that the cheerleading world is going through to be a bit much, regardless of who the specific "cheerlebrity" is. Aside from that, I commented on the fact that some are undeserving. There are people who are famous simply because they are on a certain team, when that athlete could not throw a back handspring to save their lives (which I'll have you know, I can), it's times like that where I find fame a bit stupid in this industry, when you're a one trick pony who is glorified because of the uniform you wear, and you have done little to deserve your celebrity status aside from being on a decent team. I think "cheerlebrities" should be all-around athletes (leaving out names here) not people who can do one skill but are barely level 2 or 3 in the others.

Not ONCE in this thread did I attack you, your daughter, CEA, or actually anyone in general. I can understand you going on the defensive then, but when did I ever say anything about anyone specifically? My comment about that show was more directed to the show. My understanding of the show was that it was a show based around those athletes, and I find the whole "cheerlebrity" obsession that the cheerleading world is going through to be a bit much, regardless of who the specific "cheerlebrity" is. Aside from that, I commented on the fact that some are undeserving. There are people who are famous simply because they are on a certain team, when that athlete could not throw a back handspring to save their lives (which I'll have you know, I can), it's times like that where I find fame a bit stupid in this industry, when you're a one trick pony who is glorified because of the uniform you wear, and you have done little to deserve your celebrity status aside from being on a decent team. I think "cheerlebrities" should be all-around athletes (leaving out names here) not people who can do one skill but are barely level 2 or 3 in the others.

You've done it plenty of times, and your vieled references to people not deserving status fit directly in with things you have said before that are more direct, like "I have no idea why she gets recognized". Look, I know bullies don't like getting called out, but in your posting you are criticizing young girls. I'm here to let you pick on me. I stick up for myself quite well. Or better yet, cease and decist and make points valid on the basis of sound logic and not at the expense of other athletes. I'm sure all of you so worried about the "obsessed fans" would rather these young kids, mostly young girls 6-14, "obsess" over Gomez and Beiber in their 10 million dollar cheap hotel room, but I think maybe, just maybe, some of these young women that are cheering and trying to do things the right way like academics, moral behavior and cheer are an example for all that are looking for something positive to emulate and not doing anything wrong.

my only comment is, if you are going to put yourself out there to be "famous" and lets be real not one of my family members or friends could tell you who a single "cheerlebrity" is. But in the cheer world, if your going to go sign autographs, make a thousand videos of yourself, etc...you better be ready for people to not like you. Just because your "famous" again, relative term, doesn't mean everyone automatically loves you. If you can't stand the heat of the "fame" then stay out of the kitchen. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and by putting yourself out there like that, you are entitling those people to give you negative attention just as much as the positive attention. There are several people who know me personally, who know exactly what teams I hate, and you know what, they love those teams. so we agree to disagree. Just because they love that team doesn't mean that its a sin for me to hate it. We just have different opinions. I don't sit there and bash those teams, however I may comment on why I like a team better, but guess what? its my opinion! The fact that people get so defensive over certain "cheerlebrities and teams" just confirms the fact that people look at these teams and athletes and think "all hail" they can do no wrong! and that is the worst possible lesson to be teaching are kids. I don't care what type of role model they are, everyone makes mistakes and theres not a single person on this world who is liked by everyone! if you like someone, that great but that doesn't mean I have to like them too and If you ask why and don't like the answer, then why did you ask in the first place?

Ummmm not one person in this thread has mentioned any specific athlete that doesn't deserve the recognition that they have. Some may not agree with the attention that certain athletes get, but no names were mentioned so I don't see why this needs to turn into a fight. Nowhere did chyeeaaa69 say any names, including Maddie's name. No one has been hostile in the thread except for you taking offense to others thinking it all is just silly. If you have issues with the poster why not take it to PMs instead of attacking him for something that he never did in this thread.

Seriously it is like any time someone's name is mentioned a fight has to start, it gets old really fast. My 6 year old cousin acts more mature sometimes.

Ummmm not one person in this thread has mentioned any specific athlete that doesn't deserve the recognition that they have. Some may not agree with the attention that certain athletes get, but no names were mentioned so I don't see why this needs to turn into a fight. Nowhere did chyeeaaa69 say any names, including Maddie's name. No one has been hostile in the thread except for you taking offense to others thinking it all is just silly. If you have issues with the poster why not take it to PMs instead of attacking him for something that he never did in this thread.

Seriously it is like any time someone's name is mentioned a fight has to start, it gets old really fast. My 6 year old cousin acts more mature sometimes.

I agree, however it always seems to be centered around one person more than the others. Which I don't understand, I am a die hard Darren Criss fan (a singer on glee for anyone who doesn't know) People will tell me all the time all the reasons they don't like him, why someone else is better, etc...and I don't take offense. I like him because I like him and if you think he sucks well then we agree to disagree its as easy as that. You can tell me all day he sucks and thats not gonna change my opinion of him. So really why people take offense especially over this one athlete in particular is beyond me.

Hence my original question why there were defensive comments being made, but apparently that means "you suck, your daughter sucks, and your program sucks". I must not speak the language in which those 2 things mean the same thing.

my only comment is, if you are going to put yourself out there to be "famous" and lets be real not one of my family members or friends could tell you who a single "cheerlebrity" is. But in the cheer world, if your going to go sign autographs, make a thousand videos of yourself, etc...you better be ready for people to not like you. Just because your "famous" again, relative term, doesn't mean everyone automatically loves you. If you can't stand the heat of the "fame" then stay out of the kitchen. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and by putting yourself out there like that, you are entitling those people to give you negative attention just as much as the positive attention. There are several people who know me personally, who know exactly what teams I hate, and you know what, they love those teams. so we agree to disagree. Just because they love that team doesn't mean that its a sin for me to hate it. We just have different opinions. I don't sit there and bash those teams, however I may comment on why I like a team better, but guess what? its my opinion! The fact that people get so defensive over certain "cheerlebrities and teams" just confirms the fact that people look at these teams and athletes and think "all hail" they can do no wrong! and that is the worst possible lesson to be teaching are kids. I don't care what type of role model they are, everyone makes mistakes and theres not a single person on this world who is liked by everyone! if you like someone, that great but that doesn't mean I have to like them too and If you ask why and don't like the answer, then why did you ask in the first place?

I don't even recognize who you are, and I try to read most of the stuff on SE and Maddie so I can honestly say I have no problem with your posting. Thousands of videos? Surely you jest. She has done a yearly video for our scrapbooks since 2003. We do not stop Jay from releasing them, the rest are under his or whoever wants to make one and post it control. That said, I pretty much skim over the stuff and let it go, mostly innocent banter. However, when you put yourself out on a board and repetidely make it a point to criticize a kid, be prepared to get responded to if she is my kid. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Let me ask you something. Do you think she asks people to ask her for a picture or autograph? She is just trying to be considerate. And to qwell criticism, we were caught off guard by IC in Atlanta and have ended those type of activities. Fancy Face is a business deal between an adult and a company owned by Varsity. She tries to co-operate with Varsity as much as possible for the obvious reason, they are a class act. I'm sure everyone would reject an offer for that kind of relationship with a large quality company for their child. But again, carry on, and I'll reserve the right to try to set the record straight if I think it is being distorted.

I don't even recognize who you are, and I try to read most of the stuff on SE and Maddie so I can honestly say I have no problem with your posting. Thousands of videos? Surely you jest. She has done a yearly video for our scrapbooks since 2003. We do not stop Jay from releasing them, the rest are under his or whoever wants to make one and post it control. That said, I pretty much skim over the stuff and let it go, mostly innocent banter. However, when you put yourself out on a board and repetidely make it a point to criticize a kid, be prepared to get responded to if she is my kid. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Let me ask you something. Do you think she asks people to ask her for a picture or autograph? She is just trying to be considerate. And to qwell criticism, we were caught off guard by IC in Atlanta and have ended those type of activities. Fancy Face is a business deal between an adult and a company owned by Varsity. She tries to co-operate with Varsity as much as possible for the obvious reason, they are a class act. I'm sure everyone would reject an offer for that kind of relationship with a large quality company for their child. But again, carry on, and I'll reserve the right to try to set the record straight if I think it is being distorted.

Once again, Maddie's name was NEVER mentioned in that post you just replied to. All you're showing here is how arrogant and stuck up you are. Assuming everything is always about Maddie, news flash, it's not.

that really good to know, but shes not the only one out there with a thousand videos of herself so my comment was directly pointed to her but more to every cheerlebrity that gets upset when something is said that is negative. However, I dont think she takes offense more as her fans take offense so really my comment was to the fans. Defending yourself against someone who is repeatedly bashing them is ok and quite frankly advisable, but considering nothing was even mentioned about anyone from CEA in this thread...

Hence my original question why there were defensive comments being made, but apparently that means "you suck, your daughter sucks, and your program sucks". I must not speak the language in which those 2 things mean the same thing.

Because the things you write over and over on multiple threads have done the very thing you are denying. Amongst my many faults, reading comphrehension and memory is not a big problem for me. Again, if you are going to post as the great judge of all things cheer, at least have the courage to take a bit of criticism without trying to deny your posting. Care to answer the question you were asked in response to the pm you wrote?

There are multiple previous threads. The words do not disappear when they are off the front page. Maybe, when you have a young girl that is prominant in cheer, you will have a better understanding of the sensitivity.

Back