All-Star Us Finals Providence

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Proms > SAT I guess. If it was my kid and that was the reason, I would not be too happy. It seems so early for prom, it is not until June where we are.
No proms for us either. not sure who they were referring to. It really stinks. not a fan of this schedule.
Only good thing about it is that my team got one of the platinum bids so we get to pick our performance order.

No proms for us either. not sure who they were referring to. It really stinks. not a fan of this schedule.
Only good thing about it is that my team got one of the platinum bids so we get to pick our performance order.
I was wondering what that meant. Congrats! What did you choose?

I do not understand at all why they are starting the day with all the senior teams in sessions 1 & 2. I feel bad for any kid who was planning on taking the SAT that morning because now they definitely cannot.
I know what you mean about bizarre schedules - one of cp's teams has gotten the start and/or end of the day this whole season, so we then get stuck for the entire day. At least this is a 1-day. It's much harder to get through the second day of all-day at the competition.
True about the 2 days had 3 of those this year, the only one that had J4 & S4 at relatively close times was NCA. We are a 5/6 hour drive away so if our Seniors were going don't think the early time would really help with prom anyway, plus we have girls from 3 or 4 different high schools and different prom dates. Just hope the comp stays fairly close to schedule and good luck and safe travels to all attendees!

Oh this schedule sucks!!!! I was only able to get a room for Friday night and now we are not going on until the 5th session on Sat. No rooms available at all for Saturday anywhere....maybe once people start seeing the schedule they will either need to pull out or cancel their hotel for Sat. I would hate to drive there and back the same day...3 hr drive for us

Oh this schedule sucks!!!! I was only able to get a room for Friday night and now we are not going on until the 5th session on Sat. No rooms available at all for Saturday anywhere....maybe once people start seeing the schedule they will either need to pull out or cancel their hotel for Sat. I would hate to drive there and back the same day...3 hr drive for us
I have learned over the years to always book Friday and Saturday of a competition weekend as you never know how crazy the schedule or (winter months ) the weather will be. Good luck!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I have learned over the years to always book Friday and Saturday of a competition weekend as you never know how crazy the schedule or (winter months ) the weather will be. Good luck!

So true. I think I actually booked the room for Saturday night back in September or October as a just-in-case. I remembered wishing I had done so last year.

You might be able to find something a little outside of the downtown area; you'll have to drive after the competition but at least it will be a place to crash. We are staying the first night closer to the airport, there are a bunch of hotels on that road. I booked downtown by the CC for Saturday night months ago after remembering the schedule from last year. I am just happy to have a non-arena place to go now during the gap we have between the 2nd and last session!

I would check again. after this schedule came out my gym cancelled our Saturday rooms because we'll be done fairly early.

Is this the same weekend as the summit? I wonder how that's affected the us finals as an event. I know typically small gyms attend us finals but doesn't mean those teams won't have summit bids

Is this the same weekend as the summit? I wonder how that's affected the us finals as an event. I know typically small gyms attend us finals but doesn't mean those teams won't have summit bids

Same weekend. Done purposely so gyms would have to choose one or the other when planning their comp schedules.
I would think more teams would have to plan for The Summit given it's location in only one place. I know of a gym who added US Finals to their schedule after not getting a bid full paid bid but not one for The Summit.
We've been to both VB and Providence for US Finals, and even though the Providence one is much smaller, it is nice getting a 1-day comp over in one day rather than having it broken up into two days like in VB. I am also very happy that this year they are going to rescore all of the 1st place winners in each division rather than just relying on the scores coming out of each US Finals. There were an amazing number of overall winners out of VB last year as opposed to all the other locations. :confused:

I don't know how it is on the east coast but out here gyms seem to be mainly varsity or mainly jam brands. For example, we only went to one varsity event this season, so we obviously didn't expect to get to the summit (it wasn't even a bid event). But another local gym went to almost all varsity events. I'd think it would be similar, so if you go to mostly jam brands events you'd plan for us finals and if you go to mostly varsity you'd plan for summit.

Back