Us Finals, What A Mess!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That is pretty standard, and I think the teams are only competing one day or the other (correct?), so probably a lot of parents will just go the one day anyway.

That's what I was thinking - you only compete one day (unless, like me, you have 2 cp's that are VERY far apart in age and skill level so you always go 2 days:banghead:) so the $20 isn't really out of the norm.

OK. Quick trip to their website (and by quick I mean less than a minute) solves this mystery. It is NOT $35 for Sunday. It's like almost all 2-day comps, and you pay either for one day or two. It is, just like JulieP said, $20 for one day and $35 for two, which is pretty standard pricing for a major National. I'm sorry you guys are having a bad experience but I gotta say that is pretty normal pricing to me. If that's expensive to you, don't ever compete in Chicago - I can't tell you how many times I've paid $20 for little tiny one-day comps that my cp didn't even go against anyone.

As for the sportsmanship - again, I have to go with JulieP - it's parents' and coaches' responsibility to teach that. The EP is supposed to promote competition.

I really like US Finals, and I, for one, am really glad our gym decided to go this upcoming year.

***Side note: Seems like every day of my life someone makes the wrinkeld-nose face at me and says "Oh...you're not married?" like it's a disease (I'm sure I'm just oversensitive to this, but married people...please. We single chicks know we're not married and don't need to have it pointed out at every available chance.:oops: ) But I have to say, competition day is the one time I get to be like :cheering: "NOPE! Not married!!! So that'll be just ONE spectator fee for me, thanks! Take THAT, married people!"

Yes, I went online and looked. $20 for one day, and $35 for both.

The price was pretty normal, I thought. And I'm glad the Fire Marshal Nazi decided not to arrest me, as threatened. I'd be satisfied if we never went back to US Finals.

We were also disappointed that the video also showcased the white champions jacket stating
that if you didn't win one you were "just another athlete!"
Way to demonstrate good sportsmanship to my 7 year old CP Jam Brands:(
(yes, that was sarcasm)
3rd post
We all thought the same thing, very rude. Considering most of the athletes that were there would NOT get jackets. My cp did get a jacket but we were all disappointed by the video. We all looked at each other like did they just say that?

The price was pretty normal, I thought. And I'm glad the Fire Marshal Nazi decided not to arrest me, as threatened. I'd be satisfied if we never went back to US Finals.

Oohhh...sounds like a good story. Do tell!

Oohhh...sounds like a good story. Do tell!

Long story short, I decided the meeting spot for our team would be in a far corner. Unfortunately, since there was plenty of space, though the kids stayed to the side, the parents had a tendency to creep toward an invisible 25-foot-wide "aisle" that the Fire Marshal decided should exist down the middle of the outside of the halls. He didn't say a single word to any other teams that were congregrated near there, just us. Which leads me to believe that he had already had issues with other teams from our gym - maybe Saturday, maybe Sunday - and he decided that we were all awful. Why he didn't ask the parents directly to move is beyond me, but he decided that me having "Team Mom" on my shirt meant that I was solely responsible for the actions of grown folks. The thing that really got me was that I offered to move the team, but when I started to do so, he called me back over to tell me he "wasn't done with" me yet. Since he's not my father, and has no business trying to speak to me like he is, I felt like he needed a reminder of that.
Don't ask someone to do something, then when they do it, treat them like a child about it. Simple matter of respect. Whoever this guy was, making $30/hour to do a side job, he took himself WAY too seriously.

OK. Quick trip to their website (and by quick I mean less than a minute) solves this mystery. It is NOT $35 for Sunday. It's like almost all 2-day comps, and you pay either for one day or two. It is, just like JulieP said, $20 for one day and $35 for two, which is pretty standard pricing for a major National. I'm sorry you guys are having a bad experience but I gotta say that is pretty normal pricing to me. If that's expensive to you, don't ever compete in Chicago - I can't tell you how many times I've paid $20 for little tiny one-day comps that my cp didn't even go against anyone.

As for the sportsmanship - again, I have to go with JulieP - it's parents' and coaches' responsibility to teach that. The EP is supposed to promote competition.

I really like US Finals, and I, for one, am really glad our gym decided to go this upcoming year.

***Side note: Seems like every day of my life someone makes the wrinkeld-nose face at me and says "Oh...you're not married?" like it's a disease (I'm sure I'm just oversensitive to this, but married people...please. We single chicks know we're not married and don't need to have it pointed out at every available chance.:oops: ) But I have to say, competition day is the one time I get to be like :cheering: "NOPE! Not married!!! So that'll be just ONE spectator fee for me, thanks! Take THAT, married people!"

It's also, if I remember correctly, a one day competition. It spans two days but a team competes only once. So for most parents you probably don't have to pay for two days.

I went to US Finals with my open team twice a few years ago and I always liked it. I thought the music was annoying though (Pirate of the Carribean??)

I'm surprised no one has brought up the movie trailer during the competition! My team went to the international all levels in Mass. and they had the same trailer. If they are going to be using our competitions for things like this then I say they lower the entrance fee! What the heck! Is it only me that is a little ticked about this?

Long story short, I decided the meeting spot for our team would be in a far corner. Unfortunately, since there was plenty of space, though the kids stayed to the side, the parents had a tendency to creep toward an invisible 25-foot-wide "aisle" that the Fire Marshal decided should exist down the middle of the outside of the halls. He didn't say a single word to any other teams that were congregrated near there, just us. Which leads me to believe that he had already had issues with other teams from our gym - maybe Saturday, maybe Sunday - and he decided that we were all awful. Why he didn't ask the parents directly to move is beyond me, but he decided that me having "Team Mom" on my shirt meant that I was solely responsible for the actions of grown folks. The thing that really got me was that I offered to move the team, but when I started to do so, he called me back over to tell me he "wasn't done with" me yet. Since he's not my father, and has no business trying to speak to me like he is, I felt like he needed a reminder of that.
Don't ask someone to do something, then when they do it, treat them like a child about it. Simple matter of respect. Whoever this guy was, making $30/hour to do a side job, he took himself WAY too seriously.
Ahh yes I got the same speech lol however my friend that coached a rec team there kindly let them know her TRUE feelings on how rude they were speaking to both the kids and parents....thank goodness we didn't need bail lol! I must say with all the running back and forth for our teams I missed the trailer. As for the pricing i agree that it was average, as a matter of fact I paid more at other comps especially 2 days ( cp was both days this time also). What matters most is that the kids had great competition and some fun for the end of their seasons and fortunately mine did.

We were also disappointed that the video also showcased the white champions jacket stating that if you didn't win one you were "just another athlete!"

Holy crap I thought I was the only one that caught that! The look on my face was priceless. Here we are about to go into the awards ceremony and you tell the entire ballroom that if your team doesn't win this white jacket, you're "just another athlete". Way to go sportsmanship lol.

Other than that, I honestly didn't run into any problems this past weekend. I thought the pricing was pretty standard for a 2 Day comp, considering a lot of people only needed to actually attend one day. Day 1 ran on time (for the most part). I didn't realize so many of you were attending I would have LOVED to meet you in person =(

We all thought the same thing, very rude. Considering most of the athletes that were there would NOT get jackets. My cp did get a jacket but we were all disappointed by the video. We all looked at each other like did they just say that?

They showed this same video in Baton Rouge and we all said the same thing! Wow.

it came to my attention that at the providence us finals, a team that was announced 1st, in fact, was not the 1st place team. the judges had forgotten to deduct points from the final score, that being said, organization is key. it really is mind boggling that they can't get it together. not only did this 1st place team believe they came in 1st, receiving banners, trophies, jackets, etc. but then to later find out that the team in 2nd actually should have gotten the recognition is ridiculous. i feel tremendously sorry for both teams. believing you did all you could on the floor to only leave with a trophy and not get that 1st place recognition is NOT okay. in return all they received was a "sorry, our mistake"​

It's also, if I remember correctly, a one day competition. It spans two days but a team competes only once. So for most parents you probably don't have to pay for two days.

I went to US Finals with my open team twice a few years ago and I always liked it. I thought the music was annoying though (Pirate of the Carribean??)

I think it's "Who wants to be a millionaire" at our US Finals. I always lmao at it

Back