Us Finals, What A Mess!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We were in VA Beach this weekend too...the fire marshalls and crowd control was just plain crazy...I guess the competition was not prepared to handle the crowd. Love the whole idea around this competition, but judges scores were all over the place. I was there on sat & sun...saw some clear cut winners in many divisions who finished 3rd, 4th....etc....it was just crazy! Haven't seen this kind of crazy in awhile...but still had fun!

[quote="Just-a-Mom, post: 574523, member: 8279"

***Side note: Seems like every day of my life someone makes the wrinkeld-nose face at me and says "Oh...you're not married?" like it's a disease (I'm sure I'm just oversensitive to this, but married people...please. We single chicks know we're not married and don't need to have it pointed out at every available chance.:oops: ) But I have to say, competition day is the one time I get to be like :cheering: "NOPE! Not married!!! So that'll be just ONE spectator fee for me, thanks! Take THAT, married people!"[/quote]

Love this and I agree, and you don't have to find as many seats.....but some days I sure wish I had someone to help carry the bags.... or take the pictures....

sorry can't fix the quotes...

you know, I have always wanted to compete at US Finals, and now I'm starting to think it's more and more less likely. :/

When I first competed at U.S. Finals in VA Beach it was Final Destination and we competed on both days. Up until about 2 years ago the event was run very smoothly. I unfortunately didn't attend this year but my cousins did. I heard both bad and good. I honestly believe a bigger venue would help, although you're not going to find much bigger in VA Beach or around there at all. Mandating that teams have to go to a certain US Finals takes some of the perks of getting a bid away. I'm from NY and we chose VA Beach because it was nice weather and a fun place to be and compete. I do believe more locations need to be added to help reduce size but one of the cool things about US Finals is being able to see, yeah I took 1st out of 25 teams. Some restructuring needs to occur from a lot of competitions and we can only hope for them to fix and improve for years to come!

I have heard more bad than good about US Finals as a whole. Not just this event. Its disappointing when you prepare all year and pay the money we do in this sport to have chaos of any kind. Especially when it is something that could be prevented.

it came to my attention that at the providence us finals, a team that was announced 1st, in fact, was not the 1st place team. the judges had forgotten to deduct points from the final score, that being said, organization is key. it really is mind boggling that they can't get it together. not only did this 1st place team believe they came in 1st, receiving banners, trophies, jackets, etc. but then to later find out that the team in 2nd actually should have gotten the recognition is ridiculous. i feel tremendously sorry for both teams. believing you did all you could on the floor to only leave with a trophy and not get that 1st place recognition is NOT okay. in return all they received was a "sorry, our mistake"​

Did the team that actually won get their jackets/banner/trophy?

Here is the video. My teams were posting it on their team facebook pages for months before US Finals. They found it motivating, and I did too. By the way, the competition companies are responsible for safe facilities, promoting the event, and all sorts of other stuff related to the competition. Teaching sportsmanship is your responsibility and the responsibility of your gym and coaches.

they took down the video haha that is funny

I agree that the video was inappropriate. We don't work the girls & build them up all season long just to have them be told they are just another athlete.

Wow! The $35 on Sunday is ridiculous. So two days at US Finals is $55, two days at Worlds $50? That makes sense. :rolleyes:
It was 55.00 for VA Us finals? What a rip off, especially if you pay and do not get in!............they need to limit the number of teams maybe?

Yess!! Finals this year was ridiculousss! I'm sure the video was not MEANT to be offensivee, but they should have worded it differentlyy, I was really diappointed with thee outcome of finalss and being thereee.

Latest posts

Back