All-Star Usa (anaheim, March 28-29th 2015)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A week later and I'm still baffled by the score sheets! I feel like level 6 teams keep getting the short end of the stick and it is insanely frustrating. If we are expected to compete against all the other level 5 divisions for a bid, why not just use the Worlds scoresheet? Wouldn't that help the EP too, knowing that who they put through will do well at Worlds?

Just a thought, still in shock about not getting a bid despite having the highest level 6 score that weekend :(

A week later and I'm still baffled by the score sheets! I feel like level 6 teams keep getting the short end of the stick and it is insanely frustrating. If we are expected to compete against all the other level 5 divisions for a bid, why not just use the Worlds scoresheet? Wouldn't that help the EP too, knowing that who they put through will do well at Worlds?

Just a thought, still in shock about not getting a bid despite having the highest level 6 score that weekend :(
Assuming you're from OC Neon...

It was so good to compete against yall again. We are absolutely heartbroken as well, not only for us, but for you.

I'm going to blame it on a reduction in at large bids. It was supposed to reduce the amount of scary teams that should be level 4, but I feel like it's only affected level 6 :/.

It was so good to compete against yall again. We are absolutely heartbroken as well, not only for us, but for you.

I'm going to blame it on a reduction in at large bids. It was supposed to reduce the amount of scary teams that should be level 4, but I feel like it's only affected level 6 :/.

Level 6 is clearly not this EP's bias. I will add I have seen some "interesting" teams awarded at large bids over this season.

I agree. Maybe I'm going crazy, but I feel like I've seen less scary teams which is always good, and yet all us level 6 teams are working so hard yet sitting home without bids. I remember seeing some level 6 teams that were really terrifying to watch, but I feel like most of the teams I've seen this year have actually been really solid, but the number of bids going to level 6 teams hasn't increased at all.

I dunno, either way, I'm just really heartbroken that the season is over. I was definitely not prepared for this. I'm sure your team is feeling it too. Neon was looking forward to competing against you guys again at Worlds! Guess we'll see you in 2016? :p

I agree. Maybe I'm going crazy, but I feel like I've seen less scary teams which is always good, and yet all us level 6 teams are working so hard yet sitting home without bids. I remember seeing some level 6 teams that were really terrifying to watch, but I feel like most of the teams I've seen this year have actually been really solid, but the number of bids going to level 6 teams hasn't increased at all.

I dunno, either way, I'm just really heartbroken that the season is over. I was definitely not prepared for this. I'm sure your team is feeling it too. Neon was looking forward to competing against you guys again at Worlds! Guess we'll see you in 2016? :p
Elegance is definitely coming back with some fire. We had a few girls brand new to allstar, only a couple girls have ever been in a worlds division, and even fewer (like 3?) have actually competed there. Definitely a building year, so I'm excited to see how they do next year.

I personally will not be back for the next few seasons, and that's even if I return to Northern California!

Level 6 is clearly not this EP's bias. I will add I have seen some "interesting" teams awarded at large bids over this season.

I feel like USA generally awards coed teams more than all girl

They have only given a paid bid to an girl team once. And they've had a history of skipping over higher scoring teams when giving out at large bids

This year the bid declaration was a secret so who knows what happened

This year the bid declaration was a secret so who knows what happened

No doubt that the cheer world needs more transparency, especially as to scoring and bid intentions. However, the coaches did have a copy of the bid declaration before the weekend. I would rather have it been made public, but at least it was out there.

No doubt that the cheer world needs more transparency, especially as to scoring and bid intentions. However, the coaches did have a copy of the bid declaration before the weekend. I would rather have it been made public, but at least it was out there.

If it's not public I don't trust the process, that's just me though after 10+years this is wher I am

Not disputing that I am referring to inflation in scores within some divisions vs others for like skills thrown. Again why should a standing full in one division score higher than a standing full thrown in another division? We all know that EP's do have biases and the fact that I have been going to this comp for 10 yrs I have seen a lot of "interesting" scoring and those biases applied in the past. And as usual USA does not disappoint.
I agree!!!! So frustrating

Just saw that next year they are changing the venue for this competition to the Los Angeles Convention Center. Not sure how I feel about this....

Back