All-Star Usasf Athlete Id Program

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Similar if not the same as a passport. The problem here in the US is many kids do not have passports yet nor do they have driver licenses because of their age, so there is no true "official" valid picture ID for them to have with their name, date of birth and picture on it.

We have to have passport or ID card. It's same as passport except it's a card. It have a picture, name, surename and date of birth on it. Everyone who lives in Slovenia have this. But that's weird you don't have this. How can you prove this is really you id someone asks you ( like a police or something)

We have to have passport or ID card. It's same as passport except it's a card. It have a picture, name, surename and date of birth on it. Everyone who lives in Slovenia have this. But that's weird you don't have this. How can you prove this is really you id someone asks you ( like a police or something)
Good question. For adults, a driver's license or another government issued form of picture ID if you don't drive. For kids there really isn't anything that is an official form of ID. My cps have their school ID cards but that's probably it. Even when we fly domestically, if kids are traveling with their parents they do not need to show any form of ID.

Good question. For adults, a driver's license or another government issued form of picture ID if you don't drive. For kids there really isn't anything that is an official form of ID. My cps have their school ID cards but that's probably it. Even when we fly domestically, if kids are traveling with their parents they do not need to show any form of ID.

Really?? that's weird. Here after one month baby is born he has to have ID card. And there's no way you could travel without it.

They make ID cards for children at the DMV!:) I got one when i was about 10, had it renewed when i was 13 to update the picture, and then switched to my permit when i turned 15, and then eventually my licence when i turned 16.

They make ID cards for children at the DMV!:) I got one when i was about 10, had it renewed when i was 13 to update the picture, and then switched to my permit when i turned 15, and then eventually my licence when i turned 16.
But kids do not need to have them - there's no requirement for them. My kids all have passports but they would never carry them around for ID, just when we travel. Not having a mandatory ID card system in the US is merely one of the things that makes it do easy for there to be illegal athletes in cheer. Which is why I like the whole idea of the USASF Athlete ID registration if it will be mandatory for all and violations made known and enforced.

I could support this if the following things were different-
1) USASF had elected board members, with more coach/gym owner representation.
2) If the Data from this could be used to register for competitions (i.e. number and size of teams)
3) have a built in Waiver that covers the competition releases
4) Being able to set it up within my website, so that I could use it as my tryout registration form (instead of having to have that same info entered separately over and over again)
5) exportable data for our gym.
6) being able to set up and process the "tryout fee" of the $25 USASF cut + whatever the gym would like to charge above that for their portion of the tryout fee.

Here is why-
1) makes it a more trustable entity that we are handing our customers contact information to. (not to be on the anti varsity bandwagon, but if your gym was near a varsity owned premier gym, would you be comfortable giving the USASF with a Varsity majority board all of your customer information? just a perception=reality thing that would need to be addressed)
2-3) makes things easier, no more filling out 5 different releases and tracking down parents who haven't filled them out and no more killing trees with mountains of waivers. No more comp registration forms, or writing down kids names and birthdays. Its all there and done.
4-5) We do this in some form already, so it isn't adding additional work and we have access to the data to export and then import into whatever system we prefer to use.

a combination of
Small Business CRM | CRM Software for Small Businesses | Infusionsoft
Smartwaiver -
digital waivers made easy

Youth Sports ID
would accomplish all of this

Ok this is a little strange, but I just updated and paid for my daughter's registration for USASF for this season. Her ID picture is not the picture I turned in last year, but a snapshot of her taken by me at warm ups at the all star sports. This picture is cropped to include only her, but another team was in the picture along with her team mates. I could easily have changed this picture today, but decided to wait and ask her if she updated it herself.

Ok this is a little strange, but I just updated and paid for my daughter's registration for USASF for this season. Her ID picture is not the picture I turned in last year, but a snapshot of her taken by me at warm ups at the all star sports. This picture is cropped to include only her, but another team was in the picture along with her team mates. I could easily have changed this picture today, but decided to wait and ask her if she updated it herself.
Makes you wonder just how easy it is to go in and change a picture...curious to see what your cp says.

Back