All-Star Usasf Cheer Age Grid ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
Saw this posted on USASF Cheer facebook page. It doesn't describe the proposed age grid when I log in. Can anyone see it? Thoughts?

USASF Cheer
4 hrs ·
Cheer Age Grid: You can't really know unless you hear it all first hand. Log in & learn about the proposed concept. USASF Management

When I'm logged in (as a coach) I can go to member resources and view information on a variety of topics. I don't know what parents can see.

Thanks for sharing. I didn't think about that. I bet that information is for Coaches.

Is it the same old stuff we've been seeing or has it changed? At this point, it's not private---may as well just open it up.

Is it the same old stuff we've been seeing or has it changed? At this point, it's not private---may as well just open it up.
I wish they would. Its a great proposal. But they have stressed that it's all just an idea still. They're very concerned that people will take it as the new rule and change things when they don't need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they would. Its a great proposal. But they have stressed that it's all just an idea still. They're very concerned that people will take it as the new rule and change things when they don't need to.

To be honest though, let's say a coach or owner does decide to build their teams to the new grid to prepare for a future change...is that so bad? I don't really think so, if anything, it's smart because it not only preps the kids for a change, but also the parents who think their kids can endlessly age up.

To be honest though, let's say a coach or owner does decide to build their teams to the new grid to prepare for a future change...is that so bad? I don't really think so, if anything, it's smart because it not only preps the kids for a change, but also the parents who think their kids can endlessly age up.

To be honest, we have followed this grid in my gym since we started in 2008. It is just a personal preference. We are a micro program too so it has nothing to do with our gym size.

Now I try hard to limit crossovers, but THAT is something that would hurt me if they ever eliminated it. I hate having crossovers but they're necessary for me to make some teams happen.

@SarahS While you're logged in, feel free to share the proposed age grid ;).
Although it makes sense to me why the USASF might want to educate everyone on their ideas/potential future changes, I understand their reasoning for keeping it under wraps right now and will follow their lead in terms of release of information.

(I know you were [mostly] kidding - just thought you deserved a response because I'm [mostly] not a cold-hearted robot.)

Although it makes sense to me why the USASF might want to educate everyone on their ideas/potential future changes, I understand their reasoning for keeping it under wraps right now and will follow their lead in terms of release of information.

(I know you were [mostly] kidding - just thought you deserved a response because I'm [mostly] not a cold-hearted robot.)
Like we would ever over react to something that is just an idea. Lol

**Tell me another fairy tale Mommy, I like it when strangers tell you how awesome I am**

To be honest, we have followed this grid in my gym since we started in 2008. It is just a personal preference. We are a micro program too so it has nothing to do with our gym size.

Now I try hard to limit crossovers, but THAT is something that would hurt me if they ever eliminated it. I hate having crossovers but they're necessary for me to make some teams happen.

At the gym I consider "mine", the proposed age grid would force a complete shift in how teams are run. I've spent a lot of time thinking about this - my first thoughts were that it wouldn't work at all, but upon further reflection, I realized that it would take a bit of creativity and out-of-the-box scheduling/team placements (at least different from the status quo at the gym). It may actually force a shift for the better, which is interesting to consider.

At the gym I consider "mine", the proposed age grid would force a complete shift in how teams are run. I've spent a lot of time thinking about this - my first thoughts were that it wouldn't work at all, but upon further reflection, I realized that it would take a bit of creativity and out-of-the-box scheduling/team placements (at least different from the status quo at the gym). It may actually force a shift for the better, which is interesting to consider.
I think in all situations that require major change, we are forced to either adapt or fold. I choose to adapt. And knowing you, I think you'd be just fine too.

Can I ask a general question (if you can't answer it's okay) does the proposed age grid have a lot of major changes?

I respect their right to keep it private while they are figuring everything out. With that said if the goal is to keep it private, posting about it on a public Facebook page that is also for parents and athletes doesn't make sense to me.

I respect their right to keep it private while they are figuring everything out. With that said if the goal is to keep it private, posting about it on a public Facebook page that is also for parents and athletes doesn't make sense to me.
Or Tweeting about it when everyone in the entire Twitterverse can follow you.

Back