All-Star Usasf Cheer Age Grid ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can someone just post it? There is no way to have a logical conversation about it if only half the participants know what it says.

Unfortunately the original link I saw it from has been pulled down, so I don't have a physical copy on me I don't think...I'll get back to you on that though.

Are we talking about the proposed change with the bottom age increase for seniors?
This ^^ inquiring minds. It's been talked about for years. What is the proposed idea? Obviously it's not a law, rule or requirement yet. Parents and athletes give so much to the sport.. And are always the last to know [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be over-the-moon happy if they would raise the bottom age of senior level teams! The maturity difference between a 5th grader and senior in high school is SO vastly different, and it can be so frustrating for the older girls to have to constantly babysit their teammates. On the flip side, the 5th graders don't need to be hearing about some of the things the older girls talk about! It can work, but it can also cause a team to not come together, too.

This ^^ inquiring minds. It's been talked about for years. What is the proposed idea? Obviously it's not a law, rule or requirement yet. Parents and athletes give so much to the sport.. And are always the last to know [emoji53]

I will share the basics without giving hard numbers, because this is just in the idea phase right now. To be clear: this is just in the initial phase. It isn't even a proposal at this point. It has no set timeline for implementation.

The proto-proposal involves bottom ages for all age ranges. This is paired with new team sizes (in recognition that many gyms would have to form smaller teams if all age ranges had bottom caps) and a graduated age/level system (ideas based on the premise that ages actually matter in what should be considered a "beginner" level.)

Some, none, or all of the ideas may become reality in the future. They may be modified significantly prior to implementation. No one should take this as a "the sky is falling" moment, nor that your kid is going to get kicked off their team this year because they're now too young with the bottom age caps. That isn't going to happen.

I will share the basics without giving hard numbers, because this is just in the idea phase right now. To be clear: this is just in the initial phase. It isn't even a proposal at this point. It has no set timeline for implementation.

The proto-proposal involves bottom ages for all age ranges. This is paired with new team sizes (in recognition that many gyms would have to form smaller teams if all age ranges had bottom caps) and a graduated age/level system (ideas based on the premise that ages actually matter in what should be considered a "beginner" level.)

Some, none, or all of the ideas may become reality in the future. They may be modified significantly prior to implementation. No one should take this as a "the sky is falling" moment, nor that your kid is going to get kicked off their team this year because they're now too young with the bottom age caps. That isn't going to happen.
Is this proto-proposal in anyway tied to a discussion that involved the possible realignment of the levels?

**Tell me another fairy tale Mommy, I like it when strangers tell you how awesome I am**

I tried searching and failed, but there is another thread with the proposal and I'm pretty sure there was a screen shot. It was also posted on the former PAC facebook page by someone who shouldn't have even had access to the page (not a parent) and pretty much just wanted to stir the pot. What @SarahS said is true and I'm glad there is good healthy discussion and an actual thought process being done rather than just a knee jerk reaction with a few higher-ups putting a rule in place.

Is this proto-proposal in anyway tied to a discussion that involved the possible realignment of the levels?
Do you mean realignment as in 5R might become an actual, separate level and what is currently known as level 5 might be called something else? That is all included in this proto-proposal (I just made up that word, by the way). I'm not going to elaborate because for some reason people focus on that part of it and get confused by it, which is weird to me, because that really doesn't change anything, it kind of just makes things clearer when talking about rules and judging. That is a change that could happen right now (BUT WON'T, LET ME BE CLEAR, HAHA) and it would in no way affect anyone at all, it would just add clarity to the rules (level 5 can do this? wait, which level 5? youth level 5? junior restricted? senior restricted? just plain ol' level 5????).

Or are you talking about some other realignment?

Do you mean realignment as in 5R might become an actual, separate level and what is currently known as level 5 might be called something else? That is all included in this proto-proposal (I just made up that word, by the way). I'm not going to elaborate because for some reason people focus on that part of it and get confused by it, which is weird to me, because that really doesn't change anything, it kind of just makes things clearer when talking about rules and judging. That is a change that could happen right now (BUT WON'T, LET ME BE CLEAR, HAHA) and it would in no way affect anyone at all, it would just add clarity to the rules (level 5 can do this? wait, which level 5? youth level 5? junior restricted? senior restricted? just plain ol' level 5????).

Or are you talking about some other realignment?
Yup, that is the one. Not a bad thought process on that but could be confusing at first.

**Tell me another fairy tale Mommy, I like it when strangers tell you how awesome I am**

I hope they change the Jr age to 15 so my cp can do junior one more year. [emoji4] We are sad she is aging out of Juniors!

I hope they change the Jr age to 15 so my cp can do junior one more year. [emoji4] We are sad she is aging out of Juniors!

Super biased opinion, but junior is my absolute favorite age division to coach! We get a lot of parents requesting this too actually, or keeping them on junior an extra year/doing a crossover.
I'd be fine with the 15 being added, but that could open a can of worms. It's already too much (IMO!) having "super seniors" that due to birthdays end up being able to stay on senior into second and third year of university.

I could also just be bitter my may birthday didn't give me a chance ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back