All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How many of the International teams are not going to go to the competition that the USASF tried saying they were not longer allowed to go to?

Yeah, some of these rules (standing fulls, kick double) I completely disagree with, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say USASF knows a lot more than most of us and that they aren't doing this just for laughs. And people can still be creative with pyramids and tumbling, and especially dancing!

Don't hate me :rolleyes:

They have time and resources to take action against half-tops and makeup, but not to establish the fundamental rules of participation and registration.

They said it themselves, they have no influence or authority over the EPs (other than Worlds), therefore they can't enforce their own rules. So how do they plan to enforce these? .
02e3e9d6_25053.gif

I would love to find an old post I recall from somewhere between 2006-2008 or so, when a long-time veteran here noticed that Varsity was starting to push full tops in their advertising and predicted that it was only a matter of time before USASF made them mandatory. I believe everyone laughed at him at that time.

Standing fulls and oversized bows are the least of this industries' problems. How about the fact that we can't get a unified scoresheet? Or maybe some judges that are certified to judges this sport? Or some real standards in athlete registration to prevent stacking the deck? Very few of these rules are legitimately helpful or reasonable. I feel like the USASF should be focusing on the sport aspects of the sport, not our sparkles.

This.

What will happen to a child if she is caught without a t-shirt covering her uniform as she is walking somewhere? Will the competition police remove her from the building or prevent her from competing? It's the parents' job to tell their kids when it's appropriate to cover up. Leave the parenting to the parents, not the USASF. I'm all for improving how cheerleading is perceived by those on the outside of the sport, but we shouldn't be worried about how big the girls' bows are until we can address the far more pressing concerns, like scoring/judging/etc.

And the more restrictive they continue to make the tumbling, the more kids will compete for their school teams instead. I'm sure you can throw standing fulls there! :rolleyes:

I was wondering why my newsfeed was blowing up..I was like 'What happened to all my cheer mommas to make them so angry?!?!'

There are some things I can agree on, in theory: they defined what things are 'too inappropriate' for music/dance. So now you can't talk about being sexy in a juniors mix (which involves kids 14 and under), I'm really not that broken-hearted. Now we can't have uniforms that emphasize cleavage or look like they're being held up by the grace of God. I can't say I'm too upset. Now I don't have to watch some girl do moves I only do 3 drinks in and nowhere near cameras..oh woe is me.

That being said: WHO are you to tell me how I am supposed to look at a competition? WHO are you to tell me how to wear my hair, do my makeup, or what I'm supposed to wear when not competing? WHO are you to tell me I'm not allowed to celebrate my win? Komova CRIED, ON CAMERA, after losing Worlds AA to Jordyn W. I'm not even allowed to CHEER when my team wins worlds? (not my team, I don't have one) SO much of this is unenforceable or nonsensical. I can support the USASF to an extent, but even I know that short shorts are only doing so much to keep us away from legitimacy. I thought the lack of universal score sheet and athlete registration would be SOMEHOW more important? But how can a 10 y/o on a senior team wear a half top when a 14 y/o on a junior team CAN'T?! And THAT'S more important to worry about as opposed to the other things they concerned themselves with?

I think the spirit of some of these rules would keep people in line IF, and only IF, people could be concerned about the USASF punishing them. But they don't have a good track record of enforcing the rules we DO have..how are we supposed to worry about THESE?

Back