All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

*also, to whomever mentioned the issue about WCSS girls being on board, etc...besides the tumbling issues already mentioned, I'm assuming their curled hair is gonna have to go bc it's not "natural" and can be perceived as distracting.

Didn't they go to UCA and compete in straight ponytails...:enjoyshow:

Uh, actually, since the USASF is a business, their success is incredibly dependent on their users. Harsh outcries/protests are part of exactly why businesses change things. USASF isn't God, why on earth should we respect every decision they make?
Sure we can post about it! Just overall, they know what they are doing. Yes I HATE a lot of the changes, but then I LOVE some. I just respect USASF's decisions. Doesn't mean I have to like them

Did they really just tell boys to not act "too gay"? So wait a minute, it's ok for a girl to shimmy and make facials, but not boys bc they're boys? Hello discrimination USASF - You have some 'splaining to do
99660-you-ricky-collie-alabama-ricky.jpg

*also, to whomever mentioned the issue about WCSS girls being on board, etc...besides the tumbling issues already mentioned, I'm assuming their curled hair is gonna have to go bc it's not "natural" and can be perceived as distracting.
:confused: WCSS just isnt complete without their curls

On this whole International Age Grid. Our International team practices in the same gym as the rest of our teams. So they can't be on the team but can be by them at practice?

Yeah, that makes sense:mad:.

all i can say is i havent even read the actual rules yet and i am in awe what the usasf has done i cant even begin to talk about it, i seriously wish now more then ever i could go to worlds this year

Sure we can post about it! Just overall, they know what they are doing. Yes I HATE a lot of the changes, but then I LOVE some. I just respect USASF's decisions. Doesn't mean I have to like them

I respect that you respect their desicion, but what makes them know what they are doing over anyone else? Debbie Love herself has said that the injuries won't go away with restricting tumbling, her word means a heck of a lot more then most of that board.

I respect that you respect their desicion, but what makes them know what they are doing over anyone else? Debbie Love herself has said that the injuries won't go away with restricting tumbling, her word means a heck of a lot more then most of that board.

Double Shimmy!!!!!!!!!!!

False, these rules were made because of speculation, not facts. Yes, we will go on but it doesn't mean that people should sit quietly and let the "rule makers" just do whatever they want. It was going to take something DRAMATIC for people to wake up and get heard and hopefully this will be it. I don't respect these decisions because I sat and talked to these "powers that be" and this was mentioned and shot down (the tumbling portion) so NO I have NO respect for paying money to attend coaches conferences, voicing my opinion, reaching agreements and out of no where BAM here, deal with it. That is what I have a problem with. If there were facts based on research that would show this would DECREASE injuries and it was agreed upon I'd be all for it, but it wasn't. I specifically remember hearing Debbie Love speak on this (which I think we can all she is the most respected tumbling person in our industry) that limiting these skills is not the solution. I'm sorry but standing fulls/dubs and whip/full punch skills are NOT the skills people are getting injured doing. Horrible coaches teaching 3/4 or 1 3/4 are were injuries are coming from. Also lack of conditioning. This is stupid and just proves that decisions are made just because not because of anything specific. I call LIES on those saying this was done to reduce injuries because it won't.
Very very nice point. I just as an athlete know that whatever rules are implemented, I'll eventually have to accept and follow

Ok so the image etiquette, is that just suggestions or our they supposed to be some sort of rules:confused: And I really hope sweat pants doesn't mean wind suites because if it does we better switch to being a summer only sport, and whats not athletic and respectable about them. Aren't sweats better than skirts and short for "image" reasons......The more I read the more my head spins and the less I study for my test tomorrow:(

Back