All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Shouldn't IOC and IO be teams for adults? I have no problem with that age being raised. Ages 3-18 should be put on "club" aged teams and 18+ should be for "Open" teams.

(I hope you don't think this is an attack!)

At some point, I think only level 6 teams were called "Open", and level 5 teams with 14+ year-olds were called "International". Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here... but then I think this makes sense. You should need to be older to perform more advanced skills - this is the "premise" of the age grid, no? (I say "premise" because I mentioned this in an earlier post...)

The International divisions basically exist to enhance competition among international teams. So why should you be 17 to be on an International 5? Eventually this rule will have to apply for all teams, not just US teams. In countries where cheerleading is relatively new (compared to the US), the pool of talent is much smaller... so you give them a more appropriate age range.

There are supposed safety reasons for the minimum age of a level 6 team. What are ANY reasons for changing the age of International 5? Can't be safety - we have Youth-aged (and younger) athletes performing level 5 skills. Can't be image. It's not going to grow the sport - International 5 teams will basically have to be split into two, with neither being large enough to actually be competitive.

If they don't change the age limits on the international divisions then the true international teams will never begin to adjust to age appropriate teams that can compete with the senior club teams.

I hope you're kidding.....

If you're not, Is it really that satisfying putting your team's best performance up against a completely watered and dumbed down big dog's routine? As the saying goes for great teams: Even when they water it down, you better believe that is some HIGH QUALITY H2O! This isn't going to stop big gyms from dominating if that's what the USASF is trying to acomplish. They are still going to be the same innovative, trend setting gyms that they've always been. The reason they kick everyone else's butts is because everyone else in their division is doing half-a** versions of the skills that these gyms came up with 5 years ago. Orange could probably go out, throw their opening tumbling, stunts, and a hand full of doubles. Then they could just freestyle their dance and put up a thigh stand pyramid, and I bet you they still make it to Day 2 of Worlds.
Oh my goodness of course I was kidding!!! My cps team is really a restricted 5 but they compete as sr 5. I feel badly for all the elite teams that had some amazing skills!

People are trying to get rid of the rules... maybe it's a little drastic but I say get rid of the USASF instead. Sure no system is perfect but the USASF is just too flawed. The way it's structured with private companies holding so much power will never look good on our sport or allow us to progress. If ever there will be a time to form a new governing body, it is now.

If they don't change the age limits on the international divisions then the true international teams will never begin to adjust to age appropriate teams that can compete with the senior club teams.

I think it takes a lot more time than what they've been given so far. If the international teams in the International divisions were performing similar skill sets to the Senior teams, I think a much stronger argument could be made... but if they don't have these skills at all, or even at a similar quality, they can't be expected to hang with Senior 5. Canada has fielded numerous teams in the International divisions, but only a handful in Senior. Their time will come. Other countries field many fewer teams than Canada does right now, so of course it will take them longer to be competitive at Senior 5.

Going to Worlds is pretty prestigious among international athletes. I'd say it gets a lot of attention - good attention - and maybe inspires younger children to start cheerleading.

No Worlds, less attention, fewer recruits, limited growth. USASF is all about the growth (aren't they?).
Something about the right hand not being connected to the left hand sounds like this situation.

Its better to show her belly on a competition stage in a cheerleading uniform competing, than in some random boys house partying...
EXACTLY..Her father can kick a pedo's a** if necessary at a comp..but has no control over what she's doing on a date/party. Of course you can instill proper values, etc., but ultimately you're not there 24/7, unlike a cheer comp.

I just realized the real questions aren't being asked?
Who's running this show?
Why was this done in secret??
What was the REAL motivation?
Who is Really benefiting from this?

As many have pointed out, there were/are many pressing issues that needed to be addressed and they claimed they couldn't just up and change things quickly for many reasons but this along with the little add on "pork" rules were slammed threw in secret all of a sudden!!??

Reminds me of congress and corruption wrapped in the facade of good intentions!

Reallycoolcheermommy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it takes a lot more time than what they've been given so far. If the international teams in the International divisions were performing similar skill sets to the Senior teams, I think a much stronger argument could be made... but if they don't have these skills at all, or even at a similar quality, they can't be expected to hang with Senior 5. Canada has fielded numerous teams in the International divisions, but only a handful in Senior. Their time will come. Other countries field many fewer teams than Canada does right now, so of course it will take them longer to be competitive at Senior 5.

Going to Worlds is pretty prestigious among international athletes. I'd say it gets a lot of attention - good attention - and maybe inspires younger children to start cheerleading.

No Worlds, less attention, fewer recruits, limited growth. USASF is all about the growth (aren't they?).
Something about the right hand not being connected to the left hand sounds like this situation.
But technically most can't hang with the US teams in the international divisions either. The USASF had to make it where only 3 teams from each country made it to finals or it would still be US teams filling up the top 10 in IOC5.

I just realized the real questions aren't being asked?
Who's running this show?
Why was this done in secret??
What was the REAL motivation?
Who is Really benefiting from this?

As many have pointed out, there were/are many pressing issues that needed to be addressed and they claimed they couldn't just up and change things quickly for many reasons but this along with the little add on "pork" rules were slammed threw in secret all of a sudden!!??

Reminds me of congress and corruption wrapped in the facade of good intentions!

Reallycoolcheermommy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EP's for who

Back