All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh sorry USASF, was my BOW offending you??? I'll keep it less than 3 inches because it must have been distracting you so much!

We should all dye our hair this colour just to annoy them all. Doesn't say anything about hair colour!
katy-perry-smurf-blue-hair--large-msg-128258473364.jpg

Oh sorry USASF, was my BOW offending you??? I'll keep it less than 3 inches because it must have been distracting you so much!

We should all dye our hair this colour just to annoy them all. Doesn't say anything about hair colour!
katy-perry-smurf-blue-hair--large-msg-128258473364.jpg
nope nope. You could get some of the dye in your eyes SAFETY HAZARD

@chyeeaaa69 I think I have agreed with every single statement you have made.

While I don't agree at all with the way the new rulings were handed down, I feel that the problem is in the coaching. I believe the USASF made a knee-jerk reaction to what they state is a serious problem. The problem, as I see it, is that too many gyms do not have qualified coaches teaching tumbling. They may have credentialed coaches, but that truly doesn't always make them qualified. I am a parent, and I can read about how to teach a double full and pass a test. Does that truly make me qualified?

I completely agree with the coaches, parents and athletes who want to see stiffer penalties for incorrect technique, etc. If the coaches have to coach to that type of scoresheet, I think you will start seeing better form and less injuries. Who doesn't know of a gym who has the girl on level 2 competing her BHS that she just got and lands on her head half of the time, or the level 4 who faceplants on her standing tuck? These coaches put these skills into the routines. If they are severely penalized, they will stop and not compete these skills until the athletes have completely mastered them. That will then allow for the athletes who have the more difficult skills to perform them safely. It is my opinion that the fix isn't in taking the skills away from those who have mastered them, but to force gyms - small and large - to use QUALIFIED tumbling coaches to teach the skills.

I understand the outrage of everyone on this board, facebook and twitter. But for real. . . I have read SO many comments that people are quitting and now have nothing to work for, etc. These comments are knee-jerk reactions as well as many are coming from athletes that are no where near even attempting these skills. Taking your toys and going home is NOT going to solve the problem. Boycotting Worlds won't happen. The parents have spent thousands of dollars for the children to go. Go convince your parents that they should throw that money away. We need to all calm down and figure out a rational way to fix this.

About the uniforms. . .if we all go back to the uniform thread and read our own comments, I think most of us will agree that something needs to be done about some of the uniforms.

i think the standing full rule is not right. Especially since it is such a coveted skill in the cheer world and many talented individuals have worked extremely hard to earn that skill. :(

this whole thing just makes me angry...

So what happens when we still have tumbling injuries? These restrictions haven't changed the fact that there are moronic coaches having kids throw skills the aren't ready for. In fact, with the exception of 2 or 3 injuries due to tumbling I've seen this year (and I'm talking major injury) all of them have come from some kind of tragic technique/form. They haven't solved the problem of injuries. The kids that are getting hurt are still going to get hurt.

I have seen kids get hurt more in other levels that just in level 5, so do we restrict the tumbling in 1-4 as well? It's just plain ignorance and lack of vision. Let's put a band aid on a bleeding artery, yeah that will fix it!:mad:

Why not make running fulls legal in level 4 so that working up to doubles in 5 is a true progression and the skill will be (as it is/was now) in working on creative passes. All we're going to see in 5 now is ro bhs doubles over and over and over again. It's going to get so boring!!!

Back