All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So I have a question...all of the data that the National Center for Catastrophic Sports Injury has acquired seems to be about the percentage of cheerleaders getting injured due to STUNTS. So why are we banning tumbling skills?? Why not baskets? Pyramids? Entries into stunts? Why is all the hype about tumbling which doesn't even have any REAL research behind it?

I'm sure people are tired of hearing me say it but until it changes I'm not gonna stop. This comes down to COACHES! the teams I coach probably condition 1 hr per 6 hrs they train. Every tumbling class has a conditioning rotation and classes start and finish with conditioning. I'm not saying my was is the only or best way, I'm just saying I do it. There are ways to implement conditioning into practices, some do it, some don't. Again, coaches education.

I've never asked, but what gym are you at? Just wondering so I can watch for y'all next year...

I'm sure people are tired of hearing me say it but until it changes I'm not gonna stop. This comes down to COACHES! the teams I coach probably condition 1 hr per 6 hrs they train. Every tumbling class has a conditioning rotation and classes start and finish with conditioning. I'm not saying my was is the only or best way, I'm just saying I do it. There are ways to implement conditioning into practices, some do it, some don't. Again, coaches education.

And that is where I feel cheerleading needs to mimick gymnastics.

So I have a question...all of the data that the National Center for Catastrophic Sports Injury has acquired seems to be about the percentage of cheerleaders getting injured due to STUNTS. So why are we banning tumbling skills?? Why not baskets? Pyramids? Entries into stunts? Why is all the hype about tumbling which doesn't even have any REAL research behind it?

This is what yojaehs and I were talking about earlier. All of the concussions from Stunting and silence - at least in the All Star realm.

On PRE-SALE NOW for the 2015 Season:

427777_371670136206945_100000918868341_1131195_1078630846_n.jpg
Best post EVER!!! But I feel if bought this in that size my stomach would still show. I said my kids condition, not me :p lol GREAT POST!

Okay, maybe I'm just looking for a glimmer of hope, but in that letter from Jim Chadwick, it says that these are an "outline" of the rules. Meaning they're unofficial and possibly subject to change? Probably not - I'm grabbing at thin air here, but who knows!
If not, I still feel like the letter offers a better explanation to the changes. Hopefully this will work out for the best!

This is what yojaehs and I were talking about earlier. All of the concussions from Stunting and silence - at least in the All Star realm.
As I said before, this situation highlights the tumbling risks, but if coaches credentialing doesn't step up across the board, stunting will be limited as well. There is talk of the tumbling changes that college did, BUT don't forget there were stunting and basket limitations as well.

And that is where I feel cheerleading needs to mimick gymnastics.

I feel like it doesn't right now, because with gymnastics you have a very small group, or even 1 on 1 coaching for those hours....with cheerleading you have as many as 36 athletes....It's impossible to give them the same amount of individual attention you can give a much smaller group.

That being said, i do COMPLETELY agree with your view point, and think ideas on how to include much more conditioning, without neglecting the other needed aspects of practices are crucial.

I have been wondering this all along and am glad you asked it. In my experience injuries due to stunting (in the form of flying elbows by flyers, etc.) are more common than tumbling injuries.

Okay, maybe I'm just looking for a glimmer of hope, but in that letter from Jim Chadwick, it says that these are an "outline" of the rules. Meaning they're unofficial and possibly subject to change? Probably not - I'm grabbing at thin air here, but who knows!
If not, I still feel like the letter offers a better explanation to the changes. Hopefully this will work out for the best!

That is because Les and the rules committee had no involvement in it and are not looking at them. Les said he is going to do what he can and should have it all worked out no later then Monday. I am trusting Les so I really hope that him and the rules committee don't let me down. I do think though that some of the changes will be kept.

Back