All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Will someone please explain to me how glitter/makeup/rhinestones/fake-eyelashes are negative aspects of cheerleading.... please.... ITS JUST FREAKING MAKEUP. THESE RULES ARE ABSURD.

I hope everyone wakes up today with clearer heads, ready to band together as a whole to figure this out for the betterment of the industry, whichever direction that may be.

For now, I'm heading back to the gym and knuckling down for what's undoubtedly going to be a Wolrds for the history books. See y'all on the battlemat, fiercers!

I feel like the whole 10" rule for uniforms will end up making them looking like OC's uniforms when they debuted them at Worlds and a lot of people said they looked wetsuits.. awkward. :banghead: I mean, I highly doubt most teams now have 10" between the bottom of the top and the top of their skirt.

You just need to fill a team with short waisted girls...:jawdrop:

Isn't cheer suppose to be about excitement? We do this cause we love it. The fun is in the amazing tumbling passes we watch ,the big hair, the tans, the sparkle! People can't just take that all away :( Never thought gymnastics and dance would look fun again....

I have a really long torso and short legs... So this 10 inch rule is going to result in a really awkward uniform for me...

I'm the exact opposite. Super short torso and super long legs...I'm pretty sure that my uniform already qualifies for the new rules. How convenient.

I just thought of a solution to the no sweatpants, all the kids can just wear jeans under their uniform! Then we'll look really nice and athletic! Loop Hole, Woo (Sarcasm)

I could comment on lots of things, but this one bothers me the worst. I know skills, blah blah, but THIS!

I am horrified that this made into writing and was released by the USASF. ''Males - minimize exaggerated or theatrical movements'' Why weren't gestures by females athletes mentioned? One of my favorite kids threw her double for the first time this week and she made a theatrical hand gesture at the end, and that's apparently okay. But if a boy does it, OMG, is someone afraid he might be GAY? That's all I can come up with and I find it offensive.

When the person or committee wrote these rules, they apparently locked themselves in a closet. When you start talking about the size of bow, you have to know that you have wandered off the course of reality.

Exactly. First and foremost that stupid rule sounds like an ACLU complaint waiting to happen.

And then I thought about the little girl from my gym that got so excited after landing her pass that she slapped the mat like she was Godzilla. I didn't like it, but if thats what she was moved to do then so be it....maybe it could be concieved as too masculine? The rule doesn't apply to both genders...it shouldn't be there. Its discriminatory

Back