USASF Notifications page

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't have a problem with it if there has been no ruling that people have to be quiet about it. Though I'm not sure what it would accomplish. You've already been exonerated.

Transparency in the sport would be nice.

100% agree. You won't find a bigger supporter of transparency than me.

My concern about the CEA issue was just to have a formal resolution that was public. That's been done.

100% agree. You won't find a bigger supporter of transparency than me.

My concern about the CEA issue was just to have a formal resolution that was public. That's been done.

But, it would be an interesting look at the politics of cheer. Politics seem to be the same, everywhere, same motivations, same techniques. Ah well.

This is like getting a "not guilty" verdict without knowing why it was brought to trial in the first place. I'm still interested in hearing more.

But, it would be an interesting look at the politics of cheer. Politics seem to be the same, everywhere, same motivations, same techniques. Ah well.

That's a mightly big can of worms to be opening and I see no use in it. I personally didn't know there were any charges against CEA and they have been cleared of them. No harm no foul.

We all know there is politics in cheerleading. Let's not fan those flames here because you'll just end up with a wildfire you never expected.

That's a mightly big can of worms to be opening and I see no use in it. I personally didn't know there were any charges against CEA and they have been cleared of them. No harm no foul.

We all know there is politics in cheerleading. Let's not fan those flames here because you'll just end up with a wildfire you never expected.

That certainly is one way to look at putting out the information. And I think you are probably right. But on the other side, a public discussion of the specifics, how it happened and why it was pushed to the point of a disciplinary action may act to begin to sanitize the tendency to use this type of method. It certainly would invite a sharp rebuke, and that is fodder on a message board. Would a discussion decrease the likelihood of a recurrence? I doubt it, but it would give someone pause.

If this involved another gym then maybe it could be a helpful discussion, but as you know better than I CEA is a very polarizing gym. Without knowing one speciific about this situation I expect the discussion will go something like this...

1. You'll spell out how someone from a rival gym brought a case against CEA of illegal substitution
2. The fans become outraged and remind us all that SE won the Gold fair and square
3. The rival fans call you a liar and then begin to post rumors about supposed horrible things CEA did to them
4. The thread excalates into 50 pages of mudslinging and ultimately gets locked

I don't see any education in that. I'm sorry CEA was wronged but sometimes the satifaction of calling out your accuser is not worth the destruction of the sport.

If this involved another gym then maybe it could be a helpful discussion, but as you know better than I CEA is a very polarizing gym. Without knowing one speciific about this situation I expect the discussion will go something like this...

1. You'll spell out how someone from a rival gym brought a case against CEA of illegal substitution
2. The fans become outraged and remind us all that SE won the Gold fair and square
3. The rival fans call you a liar and then begin to post rumors about supposed horrible things CEA did to them

I don't see any education in that. I'm sorry CEA was wronged but sometimes the satifaction of calling out your accuser is not worth the destruction of the sport.

Can I just say for some one who has no idea about what they are talking about concerning this subject, this post is a bit over the top, especially the editorializing and characterization of a gym as polarizing. What successful organization does not have both fans and opponents? I'm more concerned about those that use underhanded means to reach an end. Polarizing or not, we don't pull that trick. From my pov, I encourage you to let it go.

The ruling had nothing to do with 2010 Worlds or with Senior Elite.

really shouldnt you all be watching lost? just sayin'

Can I just say for some one who has no idea about what they are talking about concerning this subject, this post is a bit over the top, especially the editorializing and characterization of a gym as polarizing. What successful organization does not have both fans and opponents? I'm more concerned about those that use underhanded means to reach an end. Polarizing or not, we don't pull that trick. From my pov, I encourage you to let it go.

I absolutely agree I have no idea what the current situation is about and am trying to avoid finding out. I have been around the boards long enough to know what happens when an issue like this is discussed. It explodes and is never benficial to either side.

As far as polarizing, why are you so offended by this? Very few fans are tepid about CEA. By the reactions I see on the boards people usually love or hate your daughter's gym. It's no different than a Duke or Carolina fan.

Bottom line is I'm not trying to pull any trick other than avoiding a big mess here. Looks like you want to drop it as well which was my original intent.

Oh and LOST was great but sad to see it go! :(

Back