All-Star Usasf Release Waiver For Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well what about the situation where gym A refuses to sign a waiver as punishment for gym B who improperly recruited the athlete in question? In that situation maybe gym B is the bad guy, not gym A.

Well what about the situation where gym A refuses to sign a waiver as punishment for gym B who improperly recruited the athlete in question? In that situation maybe gym B is the bad guy, not gym A.

Right, I could see several situations where, by hearing only one perspective, you're not getting the whole story, so I'm not really in favor of a sort of "black list" on the board. The athlete could always say that they don't owe money when really they do, and the gym would have to release financial documents on the board "prove" that their denial of waiver was legit, which could cause all kinds of other problems.

I'm sure there are cases where the waiver system has been abused. But one must keep in mind that, potentially, the athlete that wants a waiver is actually the gym-hopper this system was designed to prevent (obviously not all cases! Just want to be clear!)

I know nothing of any of these situations personally but what about the issue of non payment? Should an athlete be allowed to compete with another gym if he/she were removed from their current gym for non payment? Would that then promote people leaving an unpaid tab or waiting until asked to leave and then just moving on? I think that idea was part of what got this all started. Big skilled kids (usually males) ended up being "guns for hire" and going to Worlds with the team that offered them the best deal (no tuition, all expenses paid, etc). And at 17, 18, 19 on a college/young adult budget...who wouldn't!
Just for discussion and not related to any specific issue past, present or future.

If you are KICKED OUT of your gym, and not given the option to return or be on a lower level - It is an automatic release if the athlete can prove they were kicked out.
I spoke with our coaches about this tonight. They have been working with the old gym and the USASF and the old gym admitted that the athlete was on scholarship and owes nothing and also that they asked the athlete to leave,but are still refusing to sign. The USASF says there is nothing they can do. :-(

Ceacea When I spoke to the USASF regarding this, they told me differently. But they have told me different things every time.

When I left my gym I was at for MORE THAN JUSTIFIABLE reasons and several athletes left with me in December - they were not released. We contacted the USASF and they basically said "A rule is a rule, We don't have an appeals process, you cat get released. We don't step in"

Not but a few months later, my old gym kicked two girls off due to attitude and teaching our rival gym their stunt sequence and wouldn't release them or something like that. The USASF stepped in and was going to release them because since they kicked them off and didnt off. One was kicked out of the gym, the other was offered a spot on Senior 4. Since the one was offered a spot on Senior 4 and the gym gave her a chance to cheer - they weren't going to release her. The other one was kicked out without the option to continue cheering there so the USASF stepped in and was going to release her. Then the gym providing proof that the girl TEXTED athletes and coaches saying she quit, so then the USASF said never mind.

I called the USASF because I was pissed they told me they wouldn't step in, and then stepped in two months later for another gym and I felt my reason for leaving (and my kids) was valuable enough for them to make an appeal. They told me that if a gym kicks someone off and DOESNT give them an option, they get a release. If the gym kicks someone off their Senior 5 team but says they can cheer on their Senior 1 team, then the athlete will not get released.

Have your owner or coach call me if he would like to know more about my convo. Ill message you my number if you think this is something they would be interested in talking about more.

I spoke with our coaches about this tonight. They have been working with the old gym and the USASF and the old gym admitted that the athlete was on scholarship and owes nothing and also that they asked the athlete to leave,but are still refusing to sign. The USASF says there is nothing they can do. :-(
Sure there is, they just don't feel like doing anything about it.

I'd like to add in my monster post from above.... I know every circumstance can be different. If the athlete cusses out coaches, punches walls or even causes your choreographer to pack up and leave early because of attitude and language - I think someone has every right to withhold a release.

Our athlete knew there was a chance they would not be released but we were all hoping that since they were asked to leave their former gym (not for financial reasons) that the gym owner would decide to release them. Sadly they have decided not to. It's just so hard to see the whole team in pain.

Did ur gym owner know before now that the athlete wasnt going to be released? When did your gym owner know the athlete wasn't going to be released is what I'm asking?

It's hard for me to say but we always knew there was a chance. I think because they were working with the USASF that gave everyone hope. And really it's not about our team it's about the athlete who is a good kid that has never been able to catch a break and even in their last year of allstar things cannot go right for them. I just wish there was something anyone could do to help.

It's hard for me to say but we always knew there was a chance. I think because they were working with the USASF that gave everyone hope. And really it's not about our team it's about the athlete who is a good kid that has never been able to catch a break and even in their last year of allstar things cannot go right for them. I just wish there was something anyone could do to help.

So if your coaches knew there was that chance, why did they put the athlete on the team? I feel like if your coaches knew already and the athlete knew already then this situation was brought on by themselves.

So if your coaches knew there was that chance, why did they put the athlete on the team? I feel like if your coaches knew already and the athlete knew already then this situation was brought on by themselves.
Actually we had someone quit and the athlete was just supposed to fill in for 2 comps but they fit so well with the team and was doing so well personally that they let them stay on for the last 2 comps. I know it was their original intent to replace them and the athlete was always aware of that. But considering the circumstances everyone was trying their best to make things work out for them since it's their last year. I always feel like just because someone has a right to do something it doesn't make it the right thing to do.

THAT'S RIDICULOUS!!!

some gym owners need to realize that they are running a service that people pay them for and if you are harmful and disrespectful to someones child that does not deserve it in the least bit it will eventually spread like wild fire and you will no longer have a business eventually bc you are providing bad customer service.

and when it comes down to it the usasf is Suppost to be in place to protect the athletes in our sport so they need to step in and do what's right for this athlete.

An athlete we are close with is dealing with this, and I can only imagine how he feels right now. He'll be at Worlds, but not as a competitor with his new team that he's spent the last 3 months with. He knew that before joining the new team, though, so maybe the sting isn't quite as bad.
worst part is that he cannot go back to that gym or any other gyms connected to it with the name.
even worse, besides the fact that he doesn't owe money, the gym actually owes him for doing music

Back