Usasf Safety Reporting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I

imrichhowboutu

This season USASF Safety Judges will be responsible for reporting all violations from competitions they are at.

Any idea what this is going to be used for?
  • Used to see which rules are most commonly violated to see if they need a clarification?
  • Used to see which rules are most commonly violated to see if they should be changed?
  • Used to track teams that receive multiple violations for the same offenses?

I'm betting the first two. Though tracking warnings for teams you are judging that weekend would be nice, i feel that every team should start every performance with a clean slate and open mind. When/if the competition producers get all their judges from the USASF like has been discussed (but i don't have my hopes up) I would see no problems in having a way to track warnings for everyone and make them available to the judges who are judging at their next competition(s)

I'm betting the first two. Though tracking warnings for teams you are judging that weekend would be nice, i feel that every team should start every performance with a clean slate and open mind. When/if the competition producers get all their judges from the USASF like has been discussed (but i don't have my hopes up) I would see no problems in having a way to track warnings for everyone and make them available to the judges who are judging at their next competition(s)

It may also be a way to track performance of the judges?

This season USASF Safety Judges will be responsible for reporting all violations from competitions they are at.

Any idea what this is going to be used for?
  • Used to see which rules are most commonly violated to see if they need a clarification?
  • Used to see which rules are most commonly violated to see if they should be changed?
  • Used to track teams that receive multiple violations for the same offenses?

I have no answers, but I LOVE this. This could potentially help a ton with common legality mistakes, and should help everyone be able to clarify the rules a little better. Begin able to spot trends and change things according to hard data will make a world of difference instead of "Well I saw a million teams do this stunt and never got called on it!"
I'm hoping it will be used for all three of those things listed above. But again, awesome idea.

This has been done for several years, but this year Les put a little more emphasis on it to make sure every rules person is doing it.

@imrichhowboutu - Last season it was used for all of the above.

This has been done for several years, but this year Les put a little more emphasis on it to make sure every rules person is doing it.

@imrichhowboutu - Last season it was used for all of the above.
What is done for teams that are repeat offenders of the same rule?

I talked to Kristi, one of the rules judges on the rules committee, last night and she's going to try to get Les to make monthly posts about what rules are being consistently called and give explanations to help teams avoid being on the illegal side. Hopefully he's up for it or will let Kristi do it.

Will this go out to the public???
:D

No.

Les is going to allow Kristi to summarize some of the data with the intent of letting coaches know what is being called the most and how to stay on the legal side of things, but the data as a whole will be limited, probably to Les, Kristi, and Raymond. (Kristi and Raymond being the 2 safety judges on the USASF rules committee.) Kristi talked to me about helping with the summaries so I'll probably get some access to the data in order to help out.

So coaches like myself will now whats being called?

The plan is to let everyone know what's being called the most along with how to avoid being called on it. You and other coaches won't have access to everything called/warned.

The plan is to let everyone know what's being called the most along with how to avoid being called on it. You and other coaches won't have access to everything called/warned.
Thanks, anything is better than none at all! Thanks for helping keep our industry on track!

Back