All-Star Use Of Summit Logo

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

GemsMom

Cheer Parent
Nov 17, 2014
So...if a parent makes bows for a team and places the summit logo on the bows...does not charge for them...does not make money off them...gifts them... will the team get in trouble for having those bows hanging on their backpacks at summit??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

So...if a parent makes bows for a team and places the summit logo on the bows...does not charge for them...does not make money off them...gifts them... will the team get in trouble for having those bows hanging on their backpacks at summit??

I highly doubt it. I doubt USASF is going to go after a team mom for their logo on a few bows.

Technically, legally yes. IRL, it depends on whether the owner of the trademark/copyright decides to take action.

Permission is not required to use a trademark if:
- your use is for informational or editorial purposes—for instance, you use the trademark as part of an article or story, or
- your use is part of accurate comparative product statements.

Outside of those 2 instances, it sounds like you need permission to legally use any trademarked logo.

Edited for clarification.

Varsity owns it. Do it at your own risk. Varsity's has people looking for bootleg merchandice. I know because I was emailed and was delivered a certified letter to cease and desist a few years back. Varsity doesn't care if your a team mom making bows for your kid or not. Their logo, their trademark.

So mix it up a bit. The word "Summit" can be found on multiple copyrighted
Logos if you do an image search for "Summit"... using almost identical type
Face. So make the mountains a vaguely different shape and reverse the color order.

So mix it up a bit. The word "Summit" can be found on multiple copyrighted
Logos if you do an image search for "Summit"... using almost identical type
Face. So make the mountains a vaguely different shape and reverse the color order.
Agree. And they care...depending on who you are.

Official word we got from Varsity...it's a definite NOT OK! Lol But yes...mixing it up is an option. It just can't be the Varsity owned logo. :)

Back