All-Star Varsity All Star Conference Cup Challenge

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 6, 2014
anyone else see the tweets? varsity gettin their hustle on...

Varsity All Star Cheerleading- Conference Cup Challenge

VAR-MAP2.gif

I mean they're obviously trying to get more people to choose the events and chase titles, which as a business why wouldn't they be doing that?

I like that it has the potential to grow more of the smaller attendance varsity brand "local" (aka national) competitions, since you have to compete in your region to earn points.

For years I've wanted allstar to reduce the "national champion" titles and have a true state/sectional/regional/national type setup and this seems like a positive step.

So over "new" competitions.....especially when you have to compete at an event hosted by a certain brand. Varsity owns basically everything already. Can they please fix what they have, and lower prices?!? I don't even compete (aged out) or go to competitions to watch because of the costs. I guess maybe Varsity is going broke....haha.
#SaveVarsity

So, is this a replacement of the Triple Crown? It seems to be the same concept but, more region friendly. I do feel that this is a more inclusive point challenge whether it be in place of the Triple Crown or in addition to it, especially for those gyms that don't travel much.

But 5 comps? We only do 6-7 a year and NCA it out of our region so it doesn't count. Not sure we would ever qualify!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't a replacement of the triple crown

It's a replacement of battle of Texas
And
Battle of Midwest which they started 3 years ago.

To win battle of Texas we had to compete at 5 varsity TEXAS events.

Based off our placement we would earn points

20 for 1st
15 for 2nd
10 for 3rd

You wouldn't receive the full points for first if there wasn't atleast 3 in your division.

It's level against all divisions for that level across the board.

Like last year my daughters team won over 5 varsity Texas events that were all well over 3 teams such as Nca, and ACA. (Unfortunately cheersport was out of texas so those didn't count for our standings neither did our Oklahoma
Comp last year so the good thing is atleast the Oklahoma comp will count this year)
So they had a perfect score of 100 points
So varsity sent them jackets for being the highest scoring level 3 large gym in all of Texas

The year before her team won the highest scoring level 2 for all of Texas .. In fact vipers won every level 1 through 5 for all of Texas that year.

so to me it looks like they expanded the regions so others could compete

Here is a screenshot
Of level 2 and 3 standings two years ago
0f37e570feab191f9009346b801941a6.jpg

I'm excited and the jackets were decent

482f541da919a5204ef871aa282cf0a5.jpg

The downside is the jackets came in late June/ early July both years so they are basically never worn but still nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I am reading it correctly, it will also have a level playing field on all levels, since teams are getting awarded points by placement and not by their actual score. This means that younger teams might have a fighting chance to get recognized if they have a great season?

For Battle of Texas, one of my friends team was undefeated and won high point repeatedly. Unfortunately, they couldn't reach max points because they didn't always go against a lot of teams in their specific category. If they would have looked at high point they could have maxed out and won. It was nice they awarded small, large, and super large gym awards. Will they still do that?

Last edited:
It seems like an interesting concept that I don't need to worry about this season, but my only real point of contention is why are they releasing this now? Does Varsity not realize most teams are already set in stone, collecting money for the competition schedule they've likely had for weeks, and are going through or have choreo done? It's late August---some teams begin competitions as early as October.

These types of announcements, imo, should be done much earlier in the summer to give gyms a chance to consider doing it.

What about the gyms that are on the border of these regions and compete mostly in other regions? Like northeast Louisiana and competing mostly in Texas for example. 5 Varsity comps and limiting those 5 comps to one region is a little much, I can't see very many gyms even qualifying to take part in this.

I think I like the concept, but my biggest issue is that if it includes all Varsity competitions, there is such a varied playing field. In our area, Varsity has some large 2-day Nationals that have several very competitive programs from all over the region that attend, but they also have some small 1-day events that are mostly small gyms from a local area that 1 or 2 larger programs with Worlds teams will attend and all or most of their teams will either win their division or be uncontested. If the point total is the same for both types of competitions, it really doesn't showcase the best teams in the region.

I think I like the concept, but my biggest issue is that if it includes all Varsity competitions, there is such a varied playing field. In our area, Varsity has some large 2-day Nationals that have several very competitive programs from all over the region that attend, but they also have some small 1-day events that are mostly small gyms from a local area that 1 or 2 larger programs with Worlds teams will attend and all or most of their teams will either win their division or be uncontested. If the point total is the same for both types of competitions, it really doesn't showcase the best teams in the region.

I don't know if the rules will be the same but, @TheVipersMom said above if there weren't at least 3 in your division you wouldn't receive full points for first. I don't know if that means you would get partial points or nothing.

While NCA and Cheersport are great, they are becoming so huge and the demand for flights, hotels, and car rentals continues to sky rocket along with the pricing. Each one of these regions has incredible talent so, I would love to see regional championships grow and then the best of the best from each region head to the Summit and World's. Win-win for gyms of any size, the parents, small competitions, school attendance and Varsity.

Back