High School Varsity And Uca Take World's To School Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In a thread last month or so someone put a list of all the companies varsity owned and the World School Championship or something to that effect was on it. So I had a feeling it was coming but no idea it would be now! Especially with no chatter about it - at least none that I've heard. I'm not sure what I think. I'm excited because I will more than likely have my team participate, but I'm not sure about it. It doesn't sound very legit to me but we will see! Exciting non the least! My guess is this is an attempt to get more teams to go to UCA Nationals since you can't attend unless you go to the NHSCC.

When I click on the link only a blank page comes up:( Where did you find the information so I can try and find it to read it? Thanks!

Okay let's say that you didnt place top ten last year but you do place top ten this year are you eligible to compete at this Worlds? My team won't be top ten or aynthing, I'm just curious.

Sorry Dre... We just got our NHSCC packet in and saw this. I should probably just make SP my home page :) so I don't miss anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the point of this competition? I have a feeling there aren't going to be too many (if any) high school cheer teams from other countries..that's a little extensive for high school cheer budgets wouldn't you think? Looks like just another nationals with a different name..

In the packet it says 30 teams from 10 countries for the High School Worlds have already committed. I don't know about college one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stinks how much harder it is for high school teams to move on compared to all-star. But I guess that is the point, to only have the best of the best at Worlds! I think it's exciting anyway!

What I don't like about this is really the college one. They are basing their numbers off of UCA schools which means that NCA schools most likely will never compete at this. How can you have the world champion of college cheer when it is geared towards the UCA schools only? It is held in conjuction with the "United State College Championship"? So is that what UCA is now? I really just don't like the idea of this AT ALL.
What I would LOVE to see is Bangkok show up (they are a University) and beat these UCA schools since stunting a pryamids is such a big thing at UCA competitions. Problem is Bangkok too wouldn't be able to get their numbers down to 16 and do what they do.

Back