High School Varsity And Uca Take World's To School Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Stinks how much harder it is for high school teams to move on compared to all-star. But I guess that is the point, to only have the best of the best at Worlds! I think it's exciting anyway!

You make a good point. Why is it more stringent for an activity's (leading cheers) path to a World's event than what Allstars do? WHY? Do international high school and Universities consider cheerleading an activity and are they clear that this is AACAA's position? Do other activities have World championships (idk the answer) but I am curious. Which format/derivative of cheer was brought to Sport Accord? So now we have a World's for the activity both collegiate and HS (cheer on the scoresheet?), a World's for AllStars (no cheer on scoresheet?) and the sport of STUNT for the purpose of Title IX because cheerleading cannot be a sport. Are typical NCA collegiate teams being offered the chance of a United States College Championship or can they do both?

coachrah said:
You make a good point. Why is it more stringent for an activity's (leading cheers) path to a World's event than what Allstars do? WHY? Do international high school and Universities consider cheerleading an activity and are they clear that this is AACAA's position? Do other activities have World championships (idk the answer) but I am curious. Which format/derivative of cheer was brought to Sport Accord? So now we have a World's for the activity both collegiate and HS (cheer on the scoresheet?), a World's for AllStars (no cheer on scoresheet?) and the sport of STUNT for the purpose of Title IX because cheerleading cannot be a sport. Are typical NCA collegiate teams being offered the chance of a United States College Championship or can they do both?

Need to correct a few things. This HS Worlds competition company is an event producer's attempt at creating a World competition for HS. While endorsed by NFHS there is no official sport designation available for HS or Rec Cheer yet. "Spirit" is still only an activity within NFHS.

STUNT is not a sport within Title IX and actually meets very few of the requirements.

AACCA is not recognized by everyone as a sport authority.

And...
There is no single collegiate championship.

That's the nature of the sport of Cheer right now

I am curious of this as well. Why are they calling it the "United States College Championship" when it is UCA college nationals? I have never heard UCA called that until now.

I'm not sure about how I feel about it. On the one hand, opening Worlds to international teams has done WONDERS for the sport globally. Just look at the level of talent of the teams now coming to worlds and how it's improved so much so quickly! Getting kids involved at the HS level might very well help boost the numbers at the younger ages.

On the other hand, I DON'T like how it's essentially geared towards a certain 'set' of the school cheer (both HS and college) image. I can't imagine NCA is taking too kindly to this? Why cut off one major arm of your competition body (not to mention, all the other smaller companies)?

I think it is laughable and only another way for the Giant to make more money.

I don't think money is the initial goal of this event. More so the power of the high school cheer world. If Varsity can gain new international clientele by having this competition means more uniforms, more international camps, more accessories, etc. The power leads to more money yes, but I believe the egotistical side of VB would rather the power of the money.

In a thread last month or so someone put a list of all the companies varsity owned and the World School Championship or something to that effect was on it. So I had a feeling it was coming but no idea it would be now! Especially with no chatter about it - at least none that I've heard. I'm not sure what I think. I'm excited because I will more than likely have my team participate, but I'm not sure about it. It doesn't sound very legit to me but we will see! Exciting non the least! My guess is this is an attempt to get more teams to go to UCA Nationals since you can't attend unless you go to the NHSCC.

Haha that was my post!

Hmmm why is everything held in conjunction to UCA Nationals. Varsity is the parent company but everyone knows that Varsity is really the "UCA" mentality. I think better teams are at NCA Nationals, Georgia state, West Virginia State and South Carolina state events. Just seems like they see how big all star teams are doing it so they are trying to get money and more prestige to the same teams that are currently winning at UCA Nationals. Also all star bid companies give money to all star programs to attend USASF Worlds, how will that work for the high school worlds?

Hmmm why is everything held in conjunction to UCA Nationals. Varsity is the parent company but everyone knows that Varsity is really the "UCA" mentality. I think better teams are at NCA Nationals, Georgia state, West Virginia State and South Carolina state events. Just seems like they see how big all star teams are doing it so they are trying to get money and more prestige to the same teams that are currently winning at UCA Nationals. Also all star bid companies give money to all star programs to attend USASF Worlds, how will that work for the high school worlds?

Well isn't uca's hs nationals the biggest? That could be why they decided to have it in conjunction with them. Also. The top uca teams have stepped up their tumbling a lot in the last few years. And with the stunts being how they are, I wouldn't saw out right that NCA and Georgia teams are better.

I would definitely agree all the way on this... overall, the percent of teams that compete in those states have better skills and higher difficulty. The reason UCA Nationals is such a large event is mainly due to location. Who wouldn't mind paying for a trip to Disney for a National title?

Everyone follows those earlier state championships for the year's cheer trends since most UCA qualifying events start in December (after the competition season is almost over for the south).

Everyone follows those earlier state championships for the year's cheer trends since most UCA qualifying events start in December (after the competition season is almost over for the south).
Not sure exactly how you ment that but most teams going down to UCA nationals learn their routines in the summer cheography not after sothern teams debut their routine.

I'm not sure if you ment it like that, that's just how I read it, as we all looked at the southern teams for our routine. No hard feeling or anything ha, but the southern teams are amazing. Georgia teams werk me ouuut

Back