Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ashley

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Jan 20, 2010
Triple Crown Championship

Points based on placements at NCA, UCA, and Cheersport. Teams with the most points in each division gets stuff.

Also looks like there will be a TV special for teams in Large Senior. They get to compete for money for a cause.

I wonder how many teams actually compete at all 3.

I'm thinking it's a bit late in the competitions scheduling season to be changing it up. Seems like they should've announced this at the end of last season while coaches were still setting their schedules. Not a bad concept - our family already referred to these three together as the 'triple crown."

Given some of the other prize money competitions that have sprung up this year, the prize money to be donated seems a bit lean given what large senior teams would bring in across these three competitions in fees and fan spectator/concessions revenues. But, I think the concept and the intent is good.

I think UCA is a bit of a deal breaker though - it's hard to commit your families to Disney twice if they'll be back a month later for Worlds - especially if they're traveling from any distance. That's going to get into travel expense and unless you live in a very small area between them - you can't drive all three of these, one (at least) will be a flight competition for probably close to everyone.

in the past it's typically been select teams from Rays, ACE, TG, and Brandon. I can't even think of any others. and add in the numerous invite only comps this season, and I wonder if even they will be doing all three (for lvl 5s at least.) and if the level 5 teams in the gym are attending one of the new comps in place of one of these 3, will the gym still send all of their other teams?

in the past it's typically been select teams from Rays, ACE, TG, and Brandon. I can't even think of any others. and add in the numerous invite only comps this season, and I wonder if even they will be doing all three (for lvl 5s at least.) and if the level 5 teams in the gym are attending one of the new comps in place of one of these 3, will the gym still send all of their other teams?
And the common factor of all of those teams is that at least one of those comps does not involve a flight for them - just makes things a bit more affordable.. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought WCSS went to all three last year. Other than that, I can't think of any other team who attended all 3 where a flight was required for each event.

And the common factor of all of those teams is that at least one of those comps does not involve a flight for them - just makes things a bit more affordable.. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought WCSS went to all three last year. Other than that, I can't think of any other team who attended all 3 where a flight was required for each event.
At least two of those gyms are in Florida, one is Georgia and one is Alabama. If you factor that two of those states are touching..plus considering gyms like CA where they typically don't leave the state. UCA is the sticking point- it's difficult to go back to back on Disney so close to Worlds unless it's in your backyard.

It appears that Varsity is really stretching to regain their share of voice in the cheer social media world.

How does this exactly qualify as a 'HUGE announcement?' Revolution, Champions League, And Majors have cut into their space and they are just coming up with anything they can to curb the interest for their competitors. Pretty weak if you ask me.

I thought The Summit was supposed to be so 'prestigious'? So everyone paying the big bucks (has anyone looked at the prices for Summit?) to go to Disney after Worlds, your win doesn't really mean that much to Varsity. But they will be glad you spent your money there.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Yes, stars did last year. cheersport isn't on WC's schedule consistently so I wasn't sure

I agree with the one poster I would rather see companies like this work on listening to gyms, athletes and parents and try to improve what they have then try to add more. I don't hear/see people clamoring for more but definitely "better/improve" what you have.

Back