All-Star Varsity Announces The Triple Crown Championship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What happens if they tie? I could easily see two teams getting 1st at one, 2nd at another, 3rd at another. For example:
UCA - SS, SE, f5
NCA -SE, Orange, SS
CS - orange, SS, SE
How would that get broken? It could definitely happen in this division

What happens if they tie? I could easily see two teams getting 1st at one, 2nd at another, 3rd at another. For example:
UCA - SS, SE, f5
NCA -SE, Orange, SS
CS - orange, SS, SE
How would that get broken? It could definitely happen in this division
On their website it says this: In the event of a tie, ties will be rewarded to the team who has the strongest finish at UCA. If there is a tie due to the same placement, the tie will go to the team who has the highest percentage of perfection score at UCA.

My assumption is that if no one team wins all 3 events they will then just simply be involved in the points race, in which that tie breaker is used.

Varsity's Triple Crown Standings after Cheersport 2015:
http://register.varsity.com/VAS/15_TripleCrown_Standings.pdf

...... sometimes I forget how many teams Stingrays have (this doesn't even include their JC gym because they won't be attending UCA) and the fact that ones listed have attended/are attending all 3 competitions.

ETA: Does anyone know why Electric received more points than OO5 did but OO5 placed higher in the final standings at Cheersport?

ETA 2.0: Varsity has updated the points.

Last edited:

...... sometimes I forget how many teams Stingrays have (this doesn't even include their JC gym because they won't be attending UCA) and the fact that ones listed have attended/are attending all 3 competitions.

ETA: Does anyone know why Electric received more points than OO5 did but OO5 placed higher in the final standings at Cheersport?
I see OO5 with more points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I be super excited that I see CPs team listed? I had no idea they kept points for anyone other than Senior 5 divisions!

And what is the points race exactly? I guess I am not understanding this.
Basically all teams from all division are eligible as long as you're confirmed to be competing at Cheersport, NCA & UCA. Teams don't even have to register for anything, their points are just recorded for them and whoever accumulates the highest number of points after UCA is the winner for their division. How points are assigned are dependent on what place you come at the competition, so places 1 to 5 receive points starting with 2500 as the highest and decreasing in a value of 500 as you descend in placement. This year's featured division is Level 5 Large Senior, so whoever wins for their division will win the triple crown championship (apparently not the same as triple crown high point winner).

From my understanding, they win a bunch of equipment/apparel from Varsity along with medals and a trophy?

Can I be super excited that I see CPs team listed? I had no idea they kept points for anyone other than Senior 5 divisions!
Hahaha..... you should be. As long as you're attending Cheersport, NCA & UCA your team will automatically be in the run for the the triple crown high point winner for each division. So all the best to your CP!! Anything can happen with NCA and UCA left.

Basically all teams from all division are eligible as long as you're confirmed to be competing at Cheersport, NCA & UCA. Teams don't even have to register for anything, their points are just recorded for them and whoever accumulates the highest number of points after UCA is the winner for their division. This year's featured division is Level 5 Large Senior, so whoever wins for their division will win the triple crown championship (apparently not the same as triple crown high point winner).

From my understanding, they win a bunch of equipment/apparel from Varsity along with medals and a trophy?

Hahaha..... you should be. As long as you're attending Cheersport, NCA & UCA your team will automatically be in the run for the the triple crown high point winner for each division. So all the best to your CP!! Anything can happen with NCA and UCA left.

Thanks. CP's team is on the list, too. I was like they didn't win Cheersport, aren't they out of this now. Thanks for clarifying.

I also think the triple crown winner from LAG gets a monetary donation to the charity of their choice.

At Cheersport, SE won $750 for The Brenner Children's Hospital locally. They were so excited.

Back